• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Caribou

Started by Oldman, July 12, 2009, 10:31:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caribou

Quote from: deb415611 on July 16, 2009, 08:57:08 AM
Quote from: Caribou on July 16, 2009, 07:44:17 AM
I have been lucky so far (knock on wood!)
Bentley is the most mellow puppy that I have every had.
He likes to chew on his toys mostly.
But that could all change!
Carolyn

Saffron is the opposite,  we have taken puppy obedience twice and she was the least mellow puppy  in the class both times....  She even runs in her sleep. 
Deb,
Maybe agility training would be good for Saffron in the future to tap into all that energy.
I haven't started obedience training yet but I do want to show Bentley in AKC obedience trials.
I have to give kudos to the breeder, she had him crate trained, leash trained and trained to sit before we received him at 11weeks old.
Carolyn

OU812

Wow now thats a proud breeder to have all that done at 11 weeks.

Most breeders are in it just for the $ well maybe not most but quite a few are.

Caribou

Quote from: OU812 on July 16, 2009, 11:54:23 AM
Wow now thats a proud breeder to have all that done at 11 weeks.

Most breeders are in it just for the $ well maybe not most but quite a few are.
This gal was great to deal with.  She breeds Boxers for showing but what sold me was all of the health screening she was willing to have done on her breeding stock.
After reading about all the cardiac problems boxers have, I wanted a pup from certifiably healthy parents.
Here's her site:
http://www.mountaindaleboxers.com/index.htm
Carolyn

OU812

Now thats someone ho takes pride in there dogs.

I really the face on Riley and Duke has great stature.

Caribou

Quote from: OU812 on July 16, 2009, 12:10:50 PM
Now thats someone ho takes pride in there dogs.

I really the face on Riley and Duke has great stature.
Yeah OU812,
She's a really nice gal with really nice dogs.
Carolyn

deb415611

Quote from: Caribou on July 16, 2009, 11:35:38 AM

Deb,
Maybe agility training would be good for Saffron in the future to tap into all that energy.javascript:void(0);
I haven't started obedience training yet but I do want to show Bentley in AKC obedience trials.
I have to give kudos to the breeder, she had him crate trained, leash trained and trained to sit before we received him at 11weeks old.
Carolyn

The school that she goes to has a flex program which includes classes on agility and other fun things.  We will probably not compete but I think she will like doing some agility classes.  We'll be able to do that after we complete basic obedience.  We start in a few weeks.  During puppy obedience her favorite thing was to go through a tunnel & then over three small jumps.  As spazzy as she is she was able to do that and then sit on command at the end. 

Caribou

Quote from: deb415611 on July 16, 2009, 03:58:23 PM
Quote from: Caribou on July 16, 2009, 11:35:38 AM

Deb,
Maybe agility training would be good for Saffron in the future to tap into all that energy.javascript:void(0);
Carolyn

The school that she goes to has a flex program which includes classes on agility and other fun things.  We will probably not compete but I think she will like doing some agility classes.  We'll be able to do that after we complete basic obedience.  We start in a few weeks.  During puppy obedience her favorite thing was to go through a tunnel & then over three small jumps.  As spazzy as she is she was able to do that and then sit on command at the end. 

Hey Deb,
If she enjoys the obstacles like tunnels and jumps then she would love agility.  She sounds like a smart girl that happens to be full of energy.
Carolyn