buffalo chili

Started by armpower, July 12, 2009, 01:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armpower

some of you might like this,   

4lbs ground buffalo  mix into water by hand till it makes a raw meat soup, kinda gross but worth it.  cook on med heat till meat is cooked, drain all water,   add one box of beef stock,   take one onion and 4 cloves of garlic, dice and saute in evoo,   take 6 vine ripe tomatos  take the core out and puree  add the onion and garlic some cumin and a can of green chilies, puree all and add to meat mixture,  4 tbl of good chili powder, tbl of cumin, tbl of chipolte powder, 4 tbl salt, 2 tbl of salt.  simmer for 2 to 4 hrs.

if it is thin add some tomato paste.

this is great on hot dogs, sausage, as a sandwich, mixed in eggs etc.....

i put it into zip top bags and freeze into portions that fit my family needs.

let me know what you think.

Habanero Smoker

I'm not grossed out. This is similiar to how you make Cincinnati chili, but you don't mix the meat and water first. You bring the water to a boil, then add the ground beef. Keeping the meat as loose as possible, trying not to pack it so that the meat will seperate into "strings" when it cooks.

I'll give this one a try.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

pensrock

I do not mean to sound negative but wouldn't boiling the meat remove most of the meat flavor? Just like boiling ribs before cooking them?  ???

Habanero Smoker

I don't know about buffalo meat, but for ground beef it doesn't. With beef you do need to use a ground that is 80% to 85% lean.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

pensrock