Newby from Illinois

Started by karrun, July 15, 2009, 08:05:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

karrun

Hello Everyone,
I got in on the Cabela deal and am giving this smoker to my husband for an anniversary present. It is set to arrive tomorrow. I think I may be more excited right now than he will be when it arrives ;) Up until now he has been more of a griller than a smoker, but I think this will change soon. I am really looking forward to trying this smoker out, and learning more about the whole process from the forums.

Karen

mikecorn.1

Welcome to the club. Here is a web site to get you started.

http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showthread.php?t=481
Mike

karrun

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Mr Walleye

Hi Karrun and welcome to the forum.

What an awesome gift!  ;)

You both will really enjoy it. Mikecorn1 has you pointed in the right direction but the link didn't work. You can just click on the smoker in the bottom of my post as well to get to the recipe site he is refering to.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

KyNola

Hey Karen,
Welcome to the forum!  Where are you located in Illinois?  I am located across the river from the Southernmost tip of Illionois in Paducah KY.

KyNola

Hopefull Romantic

Hi there Karen and first Happy Anniversary, wish my wife would give me a gift like that. I had to buy my own.

Welcome to the forum and rest assured that your husband will be as excited. It is a great gift for a griller.

Good luck

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

mikecorn.1

fixed it, dont know what happend. you can click either on this link or the smoker on Mr. Walleye. 
http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showthread.php?t=481
Mike

Caneyscud

Where can one find a wife like you - not that I need one mind you - have one for 30 years now - but she has never bought me a smoker -  although she has bought me a wood lathe and a kick boat in the past - guess she's a keeper!  Make sure HE cooks you some goodies.  He will forever be indebted!!!!!
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

beefmann

welcome to the forun Kar.. enjoy

NePaSmoKer

Welcome Karrun

My wife bought me my Bradley and Traeger but i'm on my own now if i want another  :D but i still have to run it by her  :D

nepas

smokeitall

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum karrun!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

HawkeyeSmokes

Welcome to the forum karrun. Don't be afraid to ask questions as there are a lot of talented people here who are more than willing to help. Keep us posted with results.
HawkeyeSmokes

Bradley (Head Office)

Welcome to the forum Karen

Where abouts in Illinois are you located?

Brian

Gizmo

Welcome Karrun,
If you are lucky, maybe your husband will buy you a dehydrator for your anniversary.  :D
Congrats.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/