• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Taco de fajitas

Started by westexasmoker, July 15, 2009, 02:48:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westexasmoker

While the bacon jerky is doing its thing time to get some dinner started!  Feeling like fajitas tonight!

4 lbs skirt vac sealed and aged 2 weeks.  Marinade all mixed up (from S&S) in the zip lock.

Combined in the zip lock and zip tied, to rest last night in the fridge.

Resting while the offset gets ready

Off to the offset, with mesquite of course!  ;D

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

NePaSmoKer

Very nice wts

Sprinkle some Tequila on them fajitas  ;D

nepas

westexasmoker

Time for a flip and bit of a mop....almost there!

C

seemore

SaltSpringSmoker

WTS

Those fajitas do look magnificent.  I'm always looking for ways to improve my fajitas.  Could you provide a bit more info on the vac seal aging process.  Do you add a marinate/rub, or do you simply vac seal the flank steak?  What brand and model of vac sealer do you use?  Does the vac sealed meat hold up in the refrigerator for 2 weeks without spoiling?  How much does this process improve the tenderness of the cooked product?  I usually marinate for several hours in a 1:1:1 pineapple juice/soy sauce/beer mixture to soften the meat.  Do you find the aging method provides superior results, particularly with respect to providing ultra-tender but not mushy meat?

I've always marinated as described and then seared the fajitas for about 2 minutes per side on an ultra-hot grill, but it looks like you prepared yours using indirect heat and smoke.  If so, what are the advantages?

Probably way too many questions there.  Thanks in advance.

SaltSpringSmoker

westexasmoker

Off the smoke

Sliced up

Some peppers, and sour cream...

C

Smokin Soon

Holy Cra*p WTS That looks fantastic!. I got to make that for my boys at work. Need some details here, they need a change from the usual carne asada stuff!

HawkeyeSmokes

Now that's what I call a FAJITA!!! Awesome work.
HawkeyeSmokes

deb415611

Wow that looks awesome WTS.  I need to see if I can find some skirt steak, not an easy thing to find around here......

3rensho

Wow, I'm drooling and I just finished my lunch!  Those look excellent and I'm gonna have to give them a try.  In France I can get a cut of meat called Bavette that ought to work fine.
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

OU812

Now thats some good loking eats you did there.

I have never had a fajita that looked that good.

SaltSpringSmoker

WTS,

Wow.  Any chance we can pursued you to post a detailed "how to" recipe for your fajitas? 

I once again gladly bow to the master.

SaltSpringSmoker

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

westexasmoker

Just noticed how blurry that last pic was....leftovers heated up, with some sour cream, cheese and salsa.

C

OU812

I havent had breakfast yet, your killin me here.

Do you deliver?