brisket and pork loin! pics are finally here!

Started by jrunyon22, July 16, 2009, 04:35:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrunyon22

Finishing up a 8lb brisket and 2.5 lb  pork loin ....the pork loin is wrapped in bacon, they both should be done soon...im gona try get some pics on here for guys and tell ya how they turned out..!! thank everyone for advice and their posts this forum is awesome!

BTW..this evening i will be trying a 2.75 lb beef loin..thinking a internal temp of about 155????Any thoughts?

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

HawkeyeSmokes

Look forward to seeing and wishing I was tasting your results!!  ;D
HawkeyeSmokes

NePaSmoKer

westexasmoker

Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

OU812

Did i here someone say Pork Loin wrapped in Bacon! MMMMMMMMMM

Let us see and hear how everything turned out please.

jrunyon22

ok the brisket was delicious, everyone loved it, as did I! and im really hard on myelf...lol  As for the pork loin, my goodness, best ive ever made, cooked pork to IT of 150, had it in a aluminum foil boat in the bradley, FTC'd both brisket and pork for bout 1.5hr...Man it was delicious..thank y'all again for all the advice..bradley forum rocks! the pork loin just came out!  pork loin again pork loin cut up  last pic of my lovely pork!
the brisket
another brisket pic
the last pic!

FLBentRider

That looks G R E A T !!

Now I have to go eat my  lunch....  >:(

;D ;D ;D
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

OU812

Dam that looks good and done just in time for lunch.

What are we having with it?

Tenpoint5

Everything looks really good. Did you use some Tenderquick in your rub or did the cure leach out of the bacon to give the smoke ring look on your loin?
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

NePaSmoKer

OH YEAH

Now thats what I'm talking about. Pics of yer smoke.......Fantastic eats

Oh yeah and i'll have an Oreo too  ;D

nepas

KyNola

Looking good JR22!  That pork loin looks really really good.

KyNola

jrunyon22

10 point, what i did for the pork loin, was really nothing special, lol ...the night before i used some cheap pork rub and little mustard to make the rub stick..wrapped the bacon the night before and let it set till next day afternoon...i smoked using mesquite, although i wanted to use my apple briquettes but didnt get chance i was kinda in hurry, my in laws flew in from san antonio to here in colorado springs..the rub i think came from walmart.lol it was cheap, might been grill mate pork seasoning,someone gave it to me and thoght what the heck, ill give it a try..i must say, everything was great, the pork i monitored till it reached about 150IT, then foiled it with the boat i had it in and another layer of foil,wrapped it in towel and into the cooler..1.5 hr later cut it up and it was beautiful..

justpete

Quote from: jrunyon22 on July 17, 2009, 10:39:13 AM
10 point, what i did for the pork loin, was really nothing special, lol ...the night before i used some cheap pork rub and little mustard to make the rub stick..wrapped the bacon the night before and let it set till next day afternoon...i smoked using mesquite, although i wanted to use my apple briquettes but didnt get chance i was kinda in hurry, my in laws flew in from san antonio to here in colorado springs..the rub i think came from walmart.lol it was cheap, might been grill mate pork seasoning,someone gave it to me and thoght what the heck, ill give it a try..i must say, everything was great, the pork i monitored till it reached about 150IT, then foiled it with the boat i had it in and another layer of foil,wrapped it in towel and into the cooler..1.5 hr later cut it up and it was beautiful..
Great looking smoke.

What was your temp and cook time?

Peter

westexasmoker

MMMMmmmmmmm....I feeling the need to do another brisket!  Outstanding!  And that pork loin ain't to shabby either!  Ahh the magic of mesquite!  ;D

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!