Just plain cool!

Started by Up In Smoke, July 17, 2009, 05:36:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Up In Smoke

The other day i had a storm blow through.
the next morning as i got to work my neighbor called and told me my water meter blew up!
it had been running all night and of course it was on my line not the counties.
he turned the water off for me. a pine tree root rocked up and broke the line.
when i got home that evening i cut down the tree and dug as much of the stump up
as i could with a shovel...about 2 hours work.....
i went to a friends house and took a shower. when i got back there was a backhoe,and a 3 man crew
sitting at the end of my driveway.
stump finished....line cut....waiting for the parts to fix it.
the parts showed up the line was fixed and back filled in about 30 mins.
(did i mention my neighbor is a plumber)?
when i asked him what the damage was his response was........I would like some of your smoked cheese.....
How amazing is that???
of course i will do more but i just couldn't believe it.
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

HawkeyeSmokes

Sounds to me like ya have a good neighbor and he knows good smoked food.  ;D Glad to hear he helped you out.
HawkeyeSmokes

pensrock

Can't beat that, treat him right, you never know when you may need help again.

Mr Walleye

Great Story UIS!  ;)

Great neighbours and friends are fantastic to have. I know you will treat him right, it's like paying it forward.  ;)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

NePaSmoKer

I hear that. I have one of those neighbors too.

nepas

KyNola

How cool is that UIS?!  Good for you and even more good for your neighbor.  Sounds like a good guy.  Smoke him up some cheese and maybe throw in a nice bag of pulled pork or a slab of ribs and I think your debt is repaid.

Great story.....Contrary to what the media says, we can and will take care of each other.

KyNola

Gizmo

I'd add a brisket and a few lbs of jerky.  That is way cool.  Big heart there.  UIS, I would also have to add that you had something to do with it as well.  Even the best neighbors won't go out of their way like that if you are not a good neighbor as well.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Caribou

Upinsmoke!
That's a testament of how great your smoked goodies are and how cool your neighbor is! :)
Carolyn

HCT

What a great neighbor. The world needs more people like him.
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

Tenpoint5

That's the neighborly way!!! Definitely hook him up with some cheese and You have to send some pulled pork for the crew!! With neighbors like that it sure does make the walk next door a lot shorter!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!