• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

NEPA Summer Sausage

Started by NePaSmoKer, July 24, 2009, 10:12:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

La Quinta

Holy Mother of all that is good NePas...I am speechless (and you know how verbose I am!!!  ;D) But I've never seen a sausage that looks that good!!!  :D  :D  :D

NePaSmoKer

I have them all done. The summer sausage went a full 12 hours. I have them blooming on the rack for a couple hours. This will make them turn darker. There are a few that i didnt stuff to tight and they are shriveled, no biggie its all good. If your wondering why they are so red? I added 2 Tbs of hot hungarian paprika to the mix  ;D

I really like these 1 pound fiberous casings.

nepas

Caribou

Hi Nepas,
Those look great and the paprika does add a beautiful color!
Are those beef, pork or deer?
Carolyn

NePaSmoKer

Carolyn

I mixed 90/10 GB with pork and 1lb of beef fat. I ran out of venison and rabbit and tree rat and wild turkey (the feathery kind) So There  :D

I had to cut one to check it, they turned out pretty good.

Got em all vac sealed, had to make a small one cuz ran out of vac bags.

nepas

Tenpoint5

Better call the Neighbors cause one is missing only 8 vac sealed up!!  ;D ;D Looks killer Nepas
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

KyNola

Holy crap Rick!  Those look great!  You are pretty much all things when it comes to sausage and sticks.

KyNola

smokeitall

Yeah those turned out a real nice color, very nice.

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on July 25, 2009, 06:00:33 AM
Better call the Neighbors cause one is missing only 8 vac sealed up!!  ;D ;D Looks killer Nepas

Yeah one of em is staying here in my fridge  ;D

nepas

GrillZilla

to quote from Christmas Vacation, "it's indescribably beautiful".  Save some for my trip...in a few months...hahaha

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: GrillZilla on July 28, 2009, 05:13:08 PM
to quote from Christmas Vacation, "it's indescribably beautiful".  Save some for my trip...in a few months...hahaha

You got it buddy. Might be kinda cool out. The hornets built a nest close to the ground so our winter should be mild.

nepas