ABT's three kinds....

Started by pensrock, July 25, 2009, 12:08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pensrock

I made up three kinds of ABT's to take to a party this evening.
I got them in the smoker now and will post pics after taking them out in an hour or so.

First is: 3 Cheese with bacon. I mixed cream, parm and xsharp cheddar with crumbled bacon and stuffed.
Second is: Sausage and cheese. I mixed cooked country style sausage with cream cheese and stuffed.
Third is: Taco flavored. I made up taco meat per the package instuctions, kicked up with some cayenne, when cooled mixed with cream cheese and stuffed.
Into the BDS for 40 minutes of apple then just heat till bacon is done. Temp set at 225 F.

Pics to follow in and hour or so.

Man I can't wait to get to the party. I think all of the ABT's might not quite make it there though.  ;) :D

HawkeyeSmokes

All 3 of those sound good Pens. I was going to make some this weekend but all the penos I look at sucked. All shriveled up and ugly. But ya sure got me thinking.  ;D Look forward to seeing the pics.
HawkeyeSmokes

Up In Smoke

Pens
man those sound great, looking forward to the pics.
i considered the taco ones...let me know how they turn out.
hope the party turns out great!
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

pensrock

Well here are the pics as promised.

Click the pic for a larger view:

Going into the smoker. Preheated to 225 F.

Finished after 40 minutes of apple smoke and a total of 1-1/2 hrs at 225 F.

Packed up and ready to go party! You know its odd..... several of these little buggers did not want to go to the party, so I ate them! YUM!  ;D

mikecorn.1

That's what they get for not wanting to go along with the rest of their pals.  ;D
Mike

York

Pens,

What is the ratio of the 3 cheeses you used on the first set?

Thank you,

pensrock

QuotePens,

What is the ratio of the 3 cheeses you used on the first set?

Thank you,

I normally throw stuff together but I would say 8oz cream cheese, 4oz shredded cheddar and a couple oz of shreaded parm. and a good handfull of crumbled bacon.

Everyone at the party LOVED them, they disapeared in about 15 minutes.  :)

UIS, they all went very fast, but I managed to get to try one of each. The 3 cheese was my fav followed by the taco then the sausage. I will definatly make all 3 kinds again.

NePaSmoKer

MMMMMMM MMMMMMMMM

Those look great pens

nepas

Roadking

Quote from: pensrock on July 25, 2009, 01:33:23 PM

Packed up and ready to go party! You know its odd..... several of these little buggers did not want to go to the party, so I ate them! YUM!  ;D

I'll bet they would have just ran away and hid someplace. Party pupers! That'll teach'em....

Hoke

Im sorry, Im a newbie to smoking.  What are ABTs?

westexasmoker

Quote from: Hoke on August 08, 2009, 12:54:45 PM
Im sorry, Im a newbie to smoking.  What are ABTs?

Bacon wrapped, stuffed jalapenos.....Heaven!!!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

pensrock