Brisket is Ready!!!!

Started by HawkeyeSmokes, July 25, 2009, 03:31:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HawkeyeSmokes

Well I just got done smoking my 1st whole brisket. It was 12 lbs and got it at Sam's on the way home from work Thursday. Rubbed it up good that night and in the fridge until 3 pm Friday. Got the Bradley heating up then and started smoking at 4. Smoked 4 hrs 40 min with oak and boated it at 9 then into the oven until 1:30 this afternoon. FTC until 3 and it's time to eat.

Coming to room temp

Into the Bradley

After 5 hours in the Bradley

After FTC and 23 hours start to finish.

It is tender and moist. Could have made pulled beef easy with it and was cooked to an IT of 180.

Thanks for all the advice from everyone on the forum.
HawkeyeSmokes

justpete

Looks great HawkeyeSmokes

Peter

FLBentRider

Man, that looks good!

Great job.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Up In Smoke

Fantastic job Hawkeye! any leftovers can be shipped here.
pm for address  ;)
I do have one question though, i noticed that you have your rack low and close to the heating element.
i usually do my cooks up high and away from the heat with the thought that up and away would give a little
more of an even heat/smoke level.....am i thinking wrong?
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

easyridinole

That looks really good! Great job!!  ;)

Ole
Most people hate the taste of beer - to begin with. It is, however, a prejudice that many people have been able to overcome.     -WINSTON CHURCHILL-

Gizmo

Quote from: Up In Smoke on July 25, 2009, 04:28:32 PM
I do have one question though, i noticed that you have your rack low and close to the heating element.
i usually do my cooks up high and away from the heat with the thought that up and away would give a little

Looks like Hawkeye has a 6 rack and is in the middle of the smoker which is where I always put single racks.  That position is just above the built in temp sensor.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Tenpoint5

Looks good. How do you like the caviar as a side dish.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Up In Smoke

Quote from: Gizmo on July 25, 2009, 04:45:47 PM

Looks like Hawkeye has a 6 rack and is in the middle of the smoker which is where I always put single racks.  That position is just above the built in temp sensor.
Good eyes Gizmo, i missed that. Thanks!
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

HawkeyeSmokes

Quote from: Up In Smoke on July 25, 2009, 06:38:21 PM
Quote from: Gizmo on July 25, 2009, 04:45:47 PM

Good eyes Gizmo, i missed that. Thanks!

Giz was right. I have the 6 rack and it was on the 3rd rack from the top. Seems to work well on a 1 rack smoke.
HawkeyeSmokes

HawkeyeSmokes

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on July 25, 2009, 06:34:40 PM
Looks good. How do you like the caviar as a side dish.

Love the caviar but have to confess, it was just a can of pintos with a peno, onions, garlic, salt, pepper and the SECRET ingredient, some chopped dried beef. The local meat market makes some real good dried beef that I use in a lot of things.  ;D Just had to have some pintos with the brisket.
HawkeyeSmokes

pensrock

Wow that looks great Hawkeye.  :)

mikecorn.1

Holy Cow. That look friggin awesome. Juicy. Great Job.
Mike

NePaSmoKer

Nice briskit hawkeye.

nepas