• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

ribs in 2 steps..

Started by squirtthecat, July 27, 2009, 04:34:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squirtthecat

I've been asked to smoke some ribs to bring to a party on Sunday afternoon..   But we want to finish them on the grill Sunday.   

I was thinking about smoking for 'n' hours on Saturday, then FTC and into the fridge overnight.

Basically, we want to finish them and 'heat them up' on Sunday and apply a 'sauce of choice' to the racks. (while grilling a bunch of other stuff - chickens, steaks, hot dogs for the kiddies, etc.)

Thoughts?  Or is this just the wrong approach?

TIA!

westexasmoker

That plan will work just fine, if not better....I find after the smoke and a night in the fridge makes almost everything a bit tastier!  Good luck, can't wait to hear the outcome!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Smokin Soon

Are they babybacks or spareribs? Could require a diff meathod.

Habanero Smoker

Either fully cooked spare ribs or baby backs can be easily reheated. Small cuts of meat in this case thin cuts of meat can be reheated using the "flash reheating" method; which the grill is perfectly suited for. Flash reheating is using a temperature of 425°F - 475°F to quickly reheat the food. It generally takes about 8 minutes for spare ribs (4 minutes per side), but it depends on how hot you get the grill. This method reheats the food and prevents further cooking it.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

squirtthecat

Ok, thanks for the tips...   I have no idea what kind of ribs.  Somebody else is buying them for me to pick up Friday on the way home from work...  I guess I'll know then.