Homemade Salsa

Started by NePaSmoKer, July 27, 2009, 08:15:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

Here is how i make my salsa.

1 to 2 jalapeno peppers chopped fine. save the seeds to add later.

Diced tomatoes. I use canned petite diced 3 to 4 cans drain well.  Saves time. Put them in a plastic bowl.

2 tomatillos peeled and diced.

Add jalapeno and tomatillos to the tamatoes

1 bunch of curley parsley. Chop fine. (use half first then you can adjust to taste later)

1 bunch of cilantro. Do the same here as the parsley.

Add cilantro and parsley to the tomatoe, jalapeno, tomatillo. Put in food processor or blender and chop fine.

1 bunch of green onions, cut roots off and cut half way down the green. Chop and reserve to add later.

1 Tbs roasted garlic, add to mix and stir in good. You can add more if you like.

A generous amount of adobo. I just toss it in but try 1 Tbs first.

2 limes squeezed into mix.

Now stir the salsa good for 2 mins. Add green onions and jalapeno seeds. Salt and pepper to taste. This is what your salsa should look like now.

The salsa will be better the next day. Cover and put in fridge. You can add avacodo to the salsa the next day. Salsa freezes well for 6 months. If you got the time you can roast the tomatillos on the grill. Add whatever you like for different flavors or heat levels.

enjoy

nepas

westexasmoker

That is some good looking salsa there Nepas!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Gizmo

Never tried the parsley before.  Will have to try that next time.

Last couple times I made salsa, I used canned petite diced as well but found a fire roasted version.  The canned are so much sweeter than the store boughts.  Now if I could get the tomatoes from my neighbor all year round, I'd do my shopping over there.   :D
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

NePaSmoKer

Just use half the bunch of parsley first, it can over power the salsa if you use the whole bunch.

nepas

La Quinta

That looks great Nepas....I picked about 20 limes today...now I know what to do with at least one!!!  ;D Got a boatload of lemons coming....oranges are a little behind...but the limes...help???? I drink beer lets make that one clear... :D Not gonna make margarita mix!!! And I doubt I can mail them to ya....so HELP???

Gizmo

Ah, come on.  Corona Rita will use up several of them limes and with Nepa's home made salsa, a fiesta to delight (plus you get beer as well  ;D).
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

NePaSmoKer

I'll be right over Rita and bring some homemade tamales too.

nepas

sherlock

"canned petite diced"

Is this a brand name? No recall ever seeing any labeled petite.

S

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: sherlock on July 28, 2009, 05:03:34 AM
"canned petite diced"

Is this a brand name? No recall ever seeing any labeled petite.

S

Most stores have petite diced under many different labels. Look by the tomatoes and sauce in the Italian section.

nepas

sherlock

mikecorn.1

Nothing like homemade salsa. Fresh taste.  :)
Mike

NePaSmoKer

This salsa was a daily staple in the house when i was growing up. I added a couple of my own ingredients to it.

nepas

justpete

NaPaSmoker

How long will your salsa keep in the fridge?

Peter

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: justpete on July 28, 2009, 10:22:15 AM
NaPaSmoker

How long will your salsa keep in the fridge?

Peter

It will keep covered for a week. If you add avacodo it will keep for 3 to 4 days before the avacodo gets mushy. You can freeze the salsa w/out the avocado for 3 months.

nepas

justpete

Looks great. I need to give it a try.

Peter