• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Reunion Briskit

Started by NePaSmoKer, July 28, 2009, 07:27:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

My wife said maybe you better make another briskit for the reunion. This is my wifes side of the family, big.

Rubbed and resting for an hour. This briskit is only 8lbs the other was pretty big so i think we will have plenty.

nepas

NePaSmoKer

Need to get it done quick. In the UDS it goes.

How bout some bacon too  ;D

nepas

mikecorn.1

Everything is mo betta with bacon.  ;D
Mike

NePaSmoKer

Getting close to being pulled from UDS.

nepas

Father Tom

NePa ::)

Have you tried injecting Au Jus into the briskit prior to smoking?  Works great and adds a lot of flavor.

Father Tom ;D

mikecorn.1

Mike

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Father Tom on July 28, 2009, 12:23:14 PM
NePa ::)

Have you tried injecting Au Jus into the briskit prior to smoking?  Works great and adds a lot of flavor.

Father Tom ;D

Do it every time, use many different kinds of injection. This one got beer, zachs, evoo and a touch of jalapeno powder.

nepas

NePaSmoKer

The briskit is done. No boating ot FTC required  ;D

nepas

westexasmoker

Looks great Nepas!  I've got to get a brisket thawed out, its been way to long!  Hope ya'll have a good reunion!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: westexasmoker on July 28, 2009, 02:30:17 PM
Looks great Nepas!  I've got to get a brisket thawed out, its been way to long!  Hope ya'll have a good reunion!

C

Thanks wts

I got 4 dozen whoopie pies to make and about 100 MooOinks on friday.  Ya outta build one of these UDS smokers, man it works great. I used a handfull of mesquite on the coals for this briskit.

nepas

Caneyscud

Man, I miss our old family reunions!  Bunches of Caneyscud Ranchers from The Hill Country of Texas.  Probably 200+ people, but 2,000 #'s of calves, goat, sheep, turkey all low and slow cooked over basically open pit grills (they had lids, but the pitmasters (didn't need Jetton, had our own experts) didn't use them much) over live oak and post oak, and mopped frequently (no rubs, marinades, brining, injections, foil, aj, or sauces - none needed).  On the banks of the Medina River.  Man-o-Man that is where it all got started.  Protein (and dessert) overload for a growing Caneyscud!!!!
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

mikecorn.1

:P  ,nough said   ;D
Mike

FLBentRider

That brisket looks great NePas!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

GrillZilla

WOW!!  My next trip to PA can not come quick enough!!!  What was your total cook and smoke time??  I have never tried briskit before...but these photos have encouraged me.  thanks for sharing. 

HawkeyeSmokes

Man Nepas, I just don't have enough room for more toys I mean tools. Great looking brisket once again.  ;D
HawkeyeSmokes