Show Yer Smokers

Started by NePaSmoKer, July 28, 2009, 11:32:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

Ok show yer smokers and toys and where they live.

My Traeger Lil'Tex lives on the back deck.

My OBS/DBS conversion, BPS and my Cabelas Dehydrator live on the rollaway in the garage.

My homemade smoker box is on wheels and lives in the garage. It can use the BPS, OBS smoke generators and a cold smoke device.

My UDS is on a dolly that lives in the garage. But i use it outside.

Ok now your turn  ;D

nepas

westexasmoker

OBS with PID tucked away in the well house, come rain or snow, its always time to smoke!

Old faithful

Charcoal grill I built a few years ago

Little Brinkman gas grill, handy as a pocket on a shirt!

And TBE!

Still saving my pennies for a Traeger, gots plenty of room on the back porch to fill up still!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Ka Honu

Okay, I'm intimidated.  After looking at those submissions, my "stock" OBS, TBE, and a couple of cheap grills (charcoal & gas) just don't seem all that special.  Keep the pics coming, though; maybe they'll convince SWMBO that I need more toys tools (probably not, but maybe).

Wildcat

WTS - your Old Faithful looks like my old smoker that I gave to a neighbor when I first purchased my Bradley.  Great tool, but too much work compared to the Bradley.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

NePaSmoKer

I had an old NB offset like that too. Gave it to a friend a couple years ago.

nepas

westexasmoker

I've come close to getting rid of it many a time, but there has been times when I needed the extra smoking space....Heck I've had all of them fired up at the same time, the smell in the backyard was Amazing!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

aces-n-eights

Here's my set up...  This is a pic of the workshop corner of our garage.  I always have a project of some sort going on so it's a messy, friendly place.  The back corner used to have a utility sink in it and i built a room around it, installed cabinets, countertop and a sink.

I had some leftover cedar siding from another project, so i sided the room with cedar and that gave me a place to hang some of my antique tools.

My little Bradley with Auber pid under a cheapo range hood, ready to go! 

We're in the middle of the fishing season, so the room is a bit of a mess, but it's fun!  The grill is outside and i plan to build a ground level deck or patio for it sometime - pic of it maybe next year!

US Army, retired, x2
Soldotna Alaska
"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well."
Psalm 109:8

Ka Honu

Aces -

Bikes, power tools, a smoker, and a wet bar.  Total Nirvana!

aces-n-eights

Quote from: Ka Honu on July 28, 2009, 04:32:47 PM
Aces -

Bikes, power tools, a smoker, and a wet bar.  Total Nirvana!

;D :D ;D

... and getting three of these a day is kinda nice, too.  You can see sea lice on the top one; she's only been out of the salt water for a day or two - can't get much fresher then that.

After a few minutes, six nice fillets.  They will have a chance to spend a few hours getting to know Mr Bradley.  I haven't smoked belly meat (the strips in the sink), but my neighbor tells me they are the best part - we'll give it a go!

US Army, retired, x2
Soldotna Alaska
"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well."
Psalm 109:8

tsquared

Dang Aces, you can't beat those sox for that fantastic red colour and I know that taste will be impossible to beat. We have to throw back the ones we are catching out in front of my place right now. :'( 
T2

Kummok

Nice slabs As & 8s!! Were those netted at the mouth of the Kenai? Was just by there today and heard about the glacier dam break on Skilak.....

3rensho

QuoteI haven't smoked belly meat (the strips in the sink), but my neighbor tells me they are the best part

Belly meat is hands down my favorite.  I find it positively addictive.

Tom
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

NePaSmoKer

Very nice set up ACES and fillets

nepas

oakville smoker

I officially have "toy envy" now.
I am too emabarassed to post my poor Bradely sitting on a home made table on the deck.
My smoker might be slumming it.  I can see it now....  Smokers Aid will show up to give my
smoker a better home.

I really like the idea of a cheap range hood in the garage for foul weather smoking.  I think I
now have an itch I will have to scratch.
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?

easyridinole

Here is my smoker on a simple table I built and vented out my garage window. I smoke everything in my garage year around and this works very well.

The picture of the PVC and the fan I have attached to a "Y" pipe that keeps the flow moving.

Not food smokers but they make my gun smoke! ;D Four of my six reloaders. I used to shoot over 5000 rounds a year in trap and skeet.

This one doesn't smoke, but I thought I would throw it in there anyway. :D
Most people hate the taste of beer - to begin with. It is, however, a prejudice that many people have been able to overcome.     -WINSTON CHURCHILL-