Show Yer Smokers

Started by NePaSmoKer, July 28, 2009, 11:32:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

squirtthecat

Thanks everyone!   It was a lot of grunt work, but it did turn out nice.

NePaSmoKer

I got some add on to my smokehouse.

The following photos are of the enclosure for the LPG tanks.

The optical illuison was really making it looked out of level.

Got a roof on it, need to put some flashing and shingles on it yet. Paint the trim.

My two building inspectors on break  ;D

Nepas brushing up on his welding the expanded steel grates for the jerky. The weights are holding the steel down.

nepas

HawkeyeSmokes

Sweet Nepas. No rusty tank for you!  ;D
HawkeyeSmokes

iceman

Looking good buddy!!!  ;)

BigJohnT

Hank Hill would be proud of you for using propane...

Looking good.

John

mrdennisg

NePaSmoKer, 

How much propane does your smoker use ?

I have the smoker in a few threads above you , how could I get gas incorporated in my unit ?

I want to add my PID and will be making it as automatic as possable, I will post some updated images in a few days ......

Thanks for the input.

NePaSmoKer

I think the smokehouse is just about done. I got the racks all welded up, need to heat em and soak some lard into the metal.

Got the surround done for the LPG, no door, dont need another big boom  ;D

Next just waiting on my friend with all the electronics for the LPG.

nepas

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: mrdennisg on September 20, 2009, 10:36:28 PM
NePaSmoKer, 

How much propane does your smoker use ?

I have the smoker in a few threads above you , how could I get gas incorporated in my unit ?

I want to add my PID and will be making it as automatic as possable, I will post some updated images in a few days ......

Thanks for the input.

Well not sure on the large tank yet but a small BBQ tank i used about 1/4 tank for an 18 hour smoke. You can use a small burner for LPG like the one i have, its low profile and has controls on it. Here is the link to the one i have. http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_15490_15490

As far as hooking your PID to a gas burner you would have to have some sort of electronic ignition to it or use an electric heating element. Mike (Mr Walleye) can help you on this part better than i can.

nepas

NePaSmoKer

I did a small vid on the smokehouse. I aint Cecil B DeMille ya know  :D

nepas

classicrockgriller

Hopefull Romantic

That is really great professional job there Nepas.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

squirtthecat

Quick update to my patio/smoke shed..

Everything is cut to size now, and screwed together.  It's almost, kinda square/level.  :D

Thoughts?

(will had add some shelves later, and some kind of forced air roof vent before winter)

Busted paver, makes good ballast. (will add another one or two on top of it)

EDIT:

And here it is all wired up.   My Ranco it down, out of harms way, bolted to the side of the cabinet.

mrdennisg

As far as hooking your PID to a gas burner you would have to have some sort of electronic ignition to it or use an electric heating element. Mike (Mr Walleye) can help you on this part better than i can.

nepas

I have this controller for the Gas unit and it should work fine for the size

http://www.partsguy.com/cgi-bin/PartsGuy/R7795A1001.html

OU812

Nice set up you have going there squirt.

You ever thought about a range hood mounted inside your smoke shed ? With the exit going out the back rather out the top. Just throwing that out there.

HawkeyeSmokes

Quote from: OU812 on September 28, 2009, 03:23:15 PM
Nice set up you have going there squirt.

You ever thought about a range hood mounted inside your smoke shed ? With the exit going out the back rather out the top. Just throwing that out there.

Sounds like a good idea OU812. I would also add in a small inlet vent near the bottom of the cabinet. In fact, by doing that I doubt a power vent would be needed. Once the Bradley started to heat up I would think you would get a natural flow of air going up and out. Sounds good on paper anyway.  ;D
HawkeyeSmokes