• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Need Help - Temp

Started by gotbbq, February 15, 2005, 12:49:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gotbbq

My bradley takes a full hr to reach temp once meat is put in.  Is this normal?  [:)]

SMOKEHOUSE ROB

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by gotbbq</i>
<br />My bradley takes a full hr to reach temp once meat is put in.  Is this normal?  [:)]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
are you preheating you smoker ? you need to preheat it before loading meat?

SMOKEHOUSE ROB

forgot to say welcome to the forum!!!!!!!!![:)]

Chez Bubba

Got,

How much meat are you putting in? As SHR says, preheating is very important, but the amount of meat will greatly affect the cabinet temp.

When we do the big smokes & pack 35-40# per smoker, it will take hours for the cabinet temp to reach 200F. The more meat mass at 70F you have displacing the available air temp at 225F, the longer it's going to take the smoker to catch up.

What you will learn with a little practice is that cabinet temp is not nearly as important as internal meat temp & the speed in which it rises. More meat=longer cooking time, yes. But not decreased product quality.

HTH & welcome to the board![:)]

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

MallardWacker

gq,

DOes not seem out of the norm, it could very on the type of meat and how much, like others have sugested..The BS is a low and slow type deal, and not quite like an oven.    Welcome!!

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

gotbbq

Thanks for the welcomes.  I preheat temp up to 230 or so, then after meat goes in, it drops and takes the hr to reheat but i guess that is somehat normal, the ribs were great.  [8D]<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by gotbbq</i>
<br />My bradley takes a full hr to reach temp once meat is put in.  Is this normal?  [:)]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

psdubl07

With a little practice, you can get the smoker 10-20 degrees or so warmer than you want, then when you put your food in, (I was gonna say meat, but that sounded horrible [:p] ), watch the temp and drop the slider control a bit.

JJC

Hi Rich, welcome to the Forum.  Keep sharing your experinces with everyone.  Where do you hail from?  I'm keeping a list of North East BSers in case we all want to get together sometime . . .

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

humpa

Rich...Welcome to the forum. Keep notes on cook times, temps, ect and I can promise you that they will come in handy somewhere down the road. [:)]

Ernie....Weymouth, MA

humpa

Hey John.....3 left!!![:D]

Ernie....Weymouth, MA

humpa

2 left!!!![:D]

Ernie....Weymouth, MA

humpa

1 left or did I make it tonight?

Ernie....Weymouth, MA

humpa

<font size="6">I did it!!!! YEAH!!!</font id="size6"><font color="red"></font id="red">

Ernie....Weymouth, MA

simmy

Congrats Ernie[:)][:)][:)][:)]

Steve

humpa

Thanks Steve!!![8D][8D]

Ernie....Weymouth, MA