New here,Do i have a problem with my new smoker?

Started by leonardzelinski, July 30, 2009, 08:20:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: mikecorn.1 on July 31, 2009, 06:55:28 AM
Just wondering, it looks like you might be using extra wood pucks to push the last one into place while smoking. That will partially burn the one that stays bhind as you can see on your picture of the inside of the smoker. Have you considered any bubba pucks.  :)  Will save you $$$ and pucks in the long run.
Quote from: Tenpoint5 on July 30, 2009, 08:29:25 AM
Leonard first Welcome Aboard.
Glad you figured out how to post pics right off the bat. Looking at the picks it appears that you left the top vent closed for the whole smoke. Usually not that much of a skoe coating on the side walls after one or two smokes. The reason I made that observation is it looks like the heat was trying to escape but didnt have an exit place so it made one in the upper corner of your door and left a steam line to show you. I don't think it will hurt anything because it is under the gasket but someone with more knowledge will be along shortly. Just remember to always have your vent open a minimum of 1/2 way.

I second the above and welcome to the forum. Great folks here with great advice for you just for asking.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

classicrockgriller

Glad my model was made in USA...they only use epoxy paint....J/K
welcome to the forum and hope you get your problem resolved

pkcdirect

Welcome , Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

[/size][/font][/color]

Paul
Paul    

MES 40" w/1200 Watt Element & Window
Bradley BSS
A-MAZE-N-SMOKER