• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Howdy Folks

Started by DoubleTSmoker, July 31, 2009, 01:37:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoubleTSmoker

After tasting some of the brisket and cheese from WestTexasSmoker I just had to get me a Bradley. So, when I saw the Cabela's deal I just had to order one (wife let me get it as my Birthday present).  Just got my PID in yesterday.  Still waiting on my maverick et-73.  I ordered one from Yard and Pool after looking on this site, but turns out they are out of stock till August.   So far I have smoked some ribeyes (bout an hour then put them on the grill for 3 mins per side) and it was the best steak I have ever eaten!  Also, have done some pork chops, corn and a brisket.  I learned a lot doing the brisket, going to do a few things different next time.  Anyway thought I would just drop a line to introduce myself.  I think I'll do some chicken this weekend and some jalapenos.....

pensrock

welcome to the forum, you have a good teacher in WTS there.
pens

mikecorn.1

Hello there, and welcome aboard.
Mike

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

mikeradio

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum DoubleTSmoker!

WTS is a wise brisket man indeed.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

lumpy

Welcome to the Forum
sounds like you`ve started your toy collection.

Lumpy

smokeitall

Welcome Aboard DoubleT

deb415611

Smokin Soon

Welcome DoubleT! Did WTS convince you to order only 1 kind of wood?  ;D

Roadking

Welcome to the forum DoubleTSmoker

DoubleTSmoker

Thanks all,
Well I did start with mesquite because well that is what you do around here, but I have purchased some pecan and apple for variety.  It is hard to go wrong with mesquite though.
   Well tonight I smoked some more corn, fillet mignon, stuffed jalapeƱos with bacon and two chickens.  Man this is fun.  At first, I had a little problem with my bisquette advance button not working.  Gave it a love tap a couple of times and that got the bisquetts advancing but now the button gets stuck.  I have to pop it out with the ole pocket knife after pressing it now.  I may take it apart and give it a looksee tomorrow.  Everything else seemed to work fine.   I was able to snap a pic of the chickens, but everything else was eaten before I could get the camera!

Mr Walleye

Hi DTS and welcome to the forum.

Chicken looks fantastic!  ;)

Here is a FAQ on the advance button.

http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showpost.php?p=765&postcount=8

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Smokin Soon

Those are some awesome looking yardbirds DoubleT! Hope you get your puck advance prob fixed. Bradley is quick to respond if there is a problem.

Caribou

Welcome to the forum DoubleT!
The chickens look great, enjoy your smoker!
Carolyn