puck advance motor

Started by Hunkulus, July 31, 2009, 06:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunkulus

Hi
I am called Hunkulus and new to this forum. I have been smoking all kinds of stuff for many years. Have my BDS for 2 years and it has performed well,....most of the time. I fixed the problem with the signal wire from the generator to the tower. The only thing that puzzles me is the puck advance motor. When the pucks where not advancing I took the box apart to check the mechanism and the motor. Most of the time the motor makes his full revolution and things are normal. But, every so often the motor makes only 1/2 a turn and then runs backwards and no puck advances. What will make the motor run only 1/2 turn and then backwards?? Some times it does this for 2 hours and I have to put pucks on the burner by hand. Then it may work fine the next time.
Any help greatly appreciated.
Hunkulus

mikecorn.1

I found this in the forum a few days ago and saved it for myself, dont know if this is what you have going on.
http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showpost.php?p=775&postcount=18
Mike

Mr Walleye

Hi Hunkulus and welcome to the forum.

You could give the link that MikeCorn1 posted but it almost sounds like the shuttle is binding. Do you or have you ever taken your generator apart and cleaned it. They will buildup with chips from pucks and other crud and do need to be cleaned every once in a while.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

steveinthesprings

I am having the same problem with my digital smoker. Will try Mr. Walleye's correction :'(

pkcdirect

Welcome Hunkulus, Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

Paul

Paul    

MES 40" w/1200 Watt Element & Window
Bradley BSS
A-MAZE-N-SMOKER

classicrockgriller

Welcome to forum Hunkulus and thanks Mike and MrW for info for future reference.

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum Hunkulus!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Hopefull Romantic

Welcome to the forum Hunkulus.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

muzzletim

Great people! Great Forum! Super advice! Welcome!!!
Tim