• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

cuts of meat

Started by jeanne, February 17, 2005, 05:04:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeanne

I have been using elk and deer for jerky. I would like to try beef instead this time. What cut of beef would you use? Any good ideas? I was thinking of having the butcher slice some bonless beef round sirloin tip roast that is on sale. Help.

jaeger

jeanne,

I usually use bottom round. It is usually a little less expensive then say top round and it works just as well. If they have a sale on tip roast .... go for it. I usually slice any roast that I am using across the grain, basically the same way you would cut a piece of meat if you were planning on cutting a steak.(Thinner of course.)
  Make sure you have your butcher trim off any caps of fat that you may have on the roast that you end up choosing.

Let us know how it turns out!!!!!![:p][:)][:D]

Doug

jeanne

Thank you for your help. I will let you know how it turns out!

jeanne

Oh my gosh....I have become a junior member! I am so proud! [:D][8D]

St. Helens Smoker

From one freshly minted junior member to another...Congrats!![8D]

jeanne

Thank you. Do you live by Mt. St. Helen's?

humpa

jeanne.....congrats!!! I just turned color also!!![;)]

Ernie....Weymouth, MA

JJC

Congrats on your promotions, all!  Ernie, you've passed out of the dreaded "Average Member" zone, but Jeanne and MSH still have to face that drab moniker.  The best thing to get out of it is to get on the Forum often and post away! [;)]

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

JJC

BTW, did you all notice that CB has surpassed the 1000 mark for posts?  I think we need to change the status names on the Forum . . . Chez should be a Millenium Member!  Olds looks like he's not long for that mark, either . . .[8D]

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

humpa

OK John....I'll be an advanced member by midnight tonight(laugh)

Ernie....Weymouth, MA

humpa

or maybe 12:30AM[:D]

Ernie....Weymouth, MA

humpa

OK...1AM is final!!![8D]

Ernie....Weymouth, MA

JJC

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by humpa</i>
<br />OK...1AM is final!!![8D]

Ernie....Weymouth, MA
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
. . . you're a stitch [;)][:D]

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA