• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

My Daughter's 4H Project

Started by Caribou, August 12, 2009, 04:47:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caribou

Hi!
My daughter just completed her 4H Entomology project for our upcoming North Idaho Fair.
We're so proud of her, I just wanted to show it off to you all.
She's still a Cloverbud so she isn't competing with the big kids yet.
Carolyn

deb415611

Wow!  That's awesome!  Emma should be very proud of herself.  I hope she wins a huge blue ribbon. 

Mr Walleye

She did an awesome job Caribou!

Pass along a big congrats from everybody on the forum.  ;)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Up In Smoke

Fantastic job,
that is definitely blue ribbon work!
Congrats on a job well done!
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Caribou

Ka Honu

Cool stuff!  Can you make jerky out of the big ones?

HawkeyeSmokes

Great looking project your daughter has put together. Giver her my congrats along with all the rest on the forum!
HawkeyeSmokes

Caribou

Quote from: Ka Honu on August 12, 2009, 05:30:42 PM
Cool stuff!  Can you make jerky out of the big ones?
Hum...never thought of that KaHonu!
Might be hard to stick a pin in them after being smoked! :D :D :D
Carolyn

Ka Honu

Could be a market niche there - CaroJunior's 'Fly Chips.

Tenpoint5

If she can't compete with the big kids enter that project in the open class. That looks like one of them big Purple Ribbon projects. The great big ones that say "I'm going to State"

You'all have way to many bugs in your back yard!!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Caribou

KaHonu! You can be our ad agent! :D

10.5, Her group leader has suggested entering her project in open class but then it won't be displayed in the 4H barn with the other entomology kids.
I'm letting her make up her mind on it and so far she wants to have it in the 4H barn.  I think I'll rehash the idea of putting in open before the entry deadline.
She is quite the insect collector, my freezer is already full of containers of insects.  We live in a forested area and there's all kinds of insects creeping around.
We host 4H bug hunts on our property because we have such a good variety of stuff to catch.
Carolyn   

Buck36

The collection is impressive! I am going to have to show it to my kids when I get home. They are going to be jealous.

RossP

Wow what a collection and display. She should be doing entomology for fly fishers. What a great looking display. You should be a very proud Mama.
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

car54

That is great , you must be extremely proud of her!

Brad

deb415611

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on August 12, 2009, 07:33:20 PM

You'all have way to many bugs in your back yard!!!

When I showed my husband he said "they have to many bugs there".    He has forgotten that we once had a bug collector  :D

He thinks it is great though.