• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Kolbasz perfection

Started by buttburner, August 13, 2009, 01:14:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buttburner

Put the new smoker to the ultimate test. Sausage. I have smoked sausage for a long long time on various smokers so I know a bit about it.

This was my first attempt with Brad. I smoke them a bit different than I have seen here. I set the smoker at 160. Smoke them until the temp reaches about 130 internal. Then I put them in a hot water bath of 170 until they reach 150 or so. Then I give them a cold water shower and allow them to bloom at room temp for a bit. It only takes about 4 hours this way and I do not need curing salt, as I am supposed to stay away from salt anyway...

Very impressed with Brad. Was very easy to control the temp, I have found that the door thermo is within a few degrees of my digital temp gauge. My hanging job was not the best, but it worked. Actually I have been just placing them on the rack in my old smoker and not hanging them anymore, doesnt really make any difference, expect they look cooler hanging LOL

OU812

The way you do it is allot like the way I do hot dogs

I will smoke 3 hr then into the bath

When there in the hot bath they skin them self's

I use 26 mm collagen casings

Habanero Smoker

I do hot dog in a similiar way, cold smoke for 2 hours then simmer them at 170°F, but I do use a cure.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

mikecorn.1

Those look real good. MMMMMM.  :P
Mike

FLBentRider

Those look great!

maybe send each of us a sample for QC ?
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!