A Sad Day Indeed

Started by Tenpoint5, August 14, 2009, 08:19:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

It was a sad day around here yesterday. Cooked up my last two bags of sausage, one being the Not so hot Hot Links and the other being Garlic Sausage. For those that remember ( http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=9888.0 ) it only lasted 4 months. They are all gone!!! Here is the last of them. Garlic on the right.

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

mikeradio

Those look great, are they smoked??  Do you freeze them uncooked, and then cook them before eating?

Thank you

Mike

pensrock

I feel so bad for your loss, you should send those to me for proper disposal.  ;)
pens

FLBentRider

I would be thankful they lasted so long.

Around here it would have been gone in a month.

;D ::)
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Tenpoint5

Quote from: mikeradio on August 14, 2009, 08:38:25 AM
Those look great, are they smoked??  Do you freeze them uncooked, and then cook them before eating?

Thank you

Mike

Mike these where all fresh sausages, so they where frozen then thawed and cooked.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

mikeradio

I followed the link in your other post to the Sausage Recipe site, what a great site!!  Which recipe did you use for the Brats??

Thank you

Mike

muzzletim

Time for you to crank out another batch, the beauty of finnishing off what you made!!! Take pictures again, that batch was a thing of beauty!
Tim

Tenpoint5

The Brats I cheat on I buy a premix seasoning. Cant buy the spices for 3.99

Caribou

I feel your pain 10.5.  :'(
We finished off our last venison bratwurst, too. :'(
We'll get through this.....
Carolyn

HawkeyeSmokes

Sad day? I would think it should be a happy day because now you have a very valid reason to make more!
HawkeyeSmokes