• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Newbie laughs at himself.

Started by rdevous, August 15, 2009, 01:44:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rdevous

I had to laugh at myself.....and I'm sure all of you can relate to this.  In yesterday's mail I received a bundle of store ads.  While I was looking over one of the large chain grocery store ad, I suddenly realized I was not looking at it as "what do I need this week?" but "what can I wrap with bacon and smoke in the Bradley?"  What made me realize my new head set was... realizing that I was upset that the store DID NOT HAVE TUBES OF ANY BRAND OF SAUSAGE ON SALE!!!   :'( >:( :( ;D :D

Some day soon I'm going to sit down and make up a list of terms and phrases that would have stopped a conversation at the family table but now have a new meaning.....

Ray
If you can't smoke it.....you don't need it!!!

manxman

QuoteI'm sure all of you can relate to this.

Very true!!  ;) :D
Manxman

3rensho

Oh yeah, every Tuesday when our shopping ads come out.  The ole brain zeroes in on large chunks of pig.

Tom
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

mikecorn.1

Got one for you all. I am at work right now and happened to be next to a Grocery store. (Outside tech for phone company) I walked across the street and started looking in the meat section just to see what i can find.  ;D
Mike

Up In Smoke

QuoteThe ole brain zeroes in on large chunks of pig.
HEY! i resemble that remark
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Caneyscud

Quote from: rdevous on August 15, 2009, 01:44:47 AM

I had to laugh at myself.....and I'm sure all of you can relate to this.  In yesterday's mail I received a bundle of store ads.  While I was looking over one of the large chain grocery store ad, I suddenly realized I was not looking at it as "what do I need this week?" but "what can I wrap with bacon and smoke in the Bradley?"  What made me realize my new head set was... realizing that I was upset that the store DID NOT HAVE TUBES OF ANY BRAND OF SAUSAGE ON SALE!!!   :'( >:( :( ;D :

Ray, I think you are advancing nicely down the addiction trail.  What you describe is normal!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D  I myself, find myself going into stores and markets just to look at the meats - at lunch instead of eating. 
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

rdevous

Quote from: Caneyscud on August 15, 2009, 07:44:18 PM
Ray, I think you are advancing nicely down the addiction trail.  What you describe is normal!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D  I myself, find myself going into stores and markets just to look at the meats - at lunch instead of eating. 

Just don't start drawing bacon around the edge of the meat with a sharpie to see what it would look like!!!! ::) ::) ::)

Ray
If you can't smoke it.....you don't need it!!!

OU812

Yep rdevous yur hooked

I cant even go to the store with out hitting the meat dept first. The other day my daughter asked me if i could stop at the store on the way home to get her some milk for the next day and i came home with a gal of milk and a brisket just couldnt help myself

Our adds come out on wed and the only thing im thinking about when looking at them is what i can smoke this weekend or what is a good price on that piece of meat