Just another newbie

Started by classicrockgriller, August 18, 2009, 08:27:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

classicrockgriller

Greetings Smoke Freaks, My name is Sonny. I live in the pineywoods of East Texas near Lake Livingston. After what seemed like months of looking, reading, deciding and undeciding I finally narrowed my choices of a Bradley unit to 3. I wrote my 3 choices on a small piece of paper and put it on my dart board and threw one dart and on last saturday I ordered a digital 4rack and a portable propane unit (the dart landed right in between them). I love when I make good decisions. The two combine feels the need for feeding large gatherings and the portable will make ppl happy at the deer camp. I've BBQed, grilled, and smoked in pits for quite a while and with the two bradleys that will up my outdoor cooking untensils to an even dozen. My kids almost all grown, but I still cook, freeze, vac seal and ship food to them on a regular bases. I own a small const co that my two sons kinda run now so I get to stay home a lot. I wanted to do something for the community so I started grilling/ cooking for all the virgins at the old folks home. For weeks I only feed one person. I suspect she was lieing but couldn't prove it. I like to cook in the kitchen also. I've perfected a killer Cilantro Potato Salad recipe, and make about 10 quarts of fresh Salsa Verde for friends every week or so. I know I will be asking questions and hope I can return the favor to someone someday. I haven't decided what to smoke first and that will probably be decided by the ole dart board throw, except this time I using a bathroom plunger and that way I get to do them all. Thanks for having  this place to share info. Is this Heaven?       Peace, Sonny

Tenpoint5

In a nut shell yes this is heaven Sonny Welcome Aboard.
Tell Us more about this Tater Salad sounds good.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

KyNola

Welcome Sonny!  You sound like you will make a great addition to the forum.  We like fun and interesting people and based on your post, I think you qualify.

KyNola

OU812

Welcome to the fun

I like the way you solved the dilemma on which Bradley to buy. With a dozen of outdoor cooking utensils it sounds like you can through one heck of a party

mikecorn.1

Welcome aboard. Nice way to decide. Make sure and ask away, and post lots of pics.  ;D
Mike

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum classicrockgriller!

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

mikeradio

Caneyscud

Welcome Sonny!  Good to have you.  Jump right in and contribute - we like pics and good recipes - just not always in that order! Oh and sorry about you living in E. Tex.  - you need to move to the REAL Texas - the Hill Country!  You know that song "All my exes live in Texas" - wait you may not - classic rock and all - - never mind!  Don't know about this forum being heaven, but I did attended the closest thing on earth to heaven - A&M!  So have fished Somerville, Conroe, Sam Rayburn and Toledo Bend, but for some reason - never wetted a line in Livingston.  Had a couple nice campouts in SHNF. 
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

aces-n-eights

Welcome!  I think you'll fit in just fine around here...  I too, would like to hear more about your cilantro potato salad.
US Army, retired, x2
Soldotna Alaska
"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well."
Psalm 109:8

classicrockgriller

First all thanks for warm welcome. I'm getting more excited everyday knowing the UPS man Will be coming to see me. As far as the Cilantro Potato Salad , I have never put it on paper, just have notes here and there and rest in my head. But, i will post it. Thanks for having spell check.

Question: now that I had said howdy, where do I post my next 20 questions. most are general info some are to see if someone had done what i want to do so i don't make too big of a mess.

Been looking over site for a few weeks and went to members. 192 pages of 30 members each, that's....alot. I know not all contribute. Kinda reminds of the Church I went to when I was younger. The info board in the church said: Members 1056 ...... Attendance today 79

Again thanks,

Mr Walleye

Hi Sonny and welcome to the forum.

Just try and post things in the category that most closely matches the theme of the post. Lots of posts will cross between the lines but no big deal. It's just nice for anybody looking for something being able surf the appropriate category and find what they are looking for... and if all else fails... Brian from Bradley will occasionally move posts to the board they belong on. No big deal... it's all good!  ;)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

classicrockgriller

maybe not at first but I want to smoke a whole sirloin. did one last yr on a wood smoker and it was good but sorta dry i know it will be beter with my new girlfriend

Caribou

Welcome to the forum Sonny!
Carolyn

Bradley (Head Office)

Hi Sonny

Welcome to the forum

Just like Mike said post your topic in the board that closely matches.

You have me interested in this Cilantro Potato Salad recipe

Thanks Brian

Mr Walleye

Sonny

Here is a post from WesTexaSmoker where he did a few roasts. He's also the brisket king around here.
http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=11113.0

Here is another by FLBentRider doing a sirloin.
http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=11005.0

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes