HEY PENS!! NEED PEPPER HELP!

Started by KyNola, August 18, 2009, 09:32:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pensrock

heres a little thing I like to do with pickled pepperoncini, cut a small slit in the side of the pickled pepper and using a jerky shooter stuff in a mixture of finely diced shallots/bacon/cream cheese allow to sit for a few hours then dive in. Not much as far as heat goes but very tasty. No need to remove the seeds or anything just stuff as is. Last time I made these they disappeared so fast, I was lucky to get one.

KyNola

Thanks for tip Pens.  I was thinking about coring the pepper and stuffing with a cheddar and cream cheese mixture with green onion, garlic, worchestershire sauce and some sort of meat.  Then wrapped in bacon and into the smoker.

Thoughts?

KyNola

OU812

KyNola

Just my 2 cents here but if they are pepperoncini I would leave the core intact cut the top off and use the mixture you are thinking about and put it in a jerky gun or something similar and stuff it that way

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

pensrock

as for meat in the peppers, I love using left over brisket or pulled pork,

OU812

Quote from: pensrock on August 19, 2009, 09:44:57 AM
as for meat in the peppers, I love using left over brisket or pulled pork,

I like to run the brisket or pork through the grinder b4 mixing with the cream cheese and other goodies then stuff the peppers

pensrock

Well, how did they turn out?  :)

KyNola

Pens,
They turned out really good.  We wound up with 3 dozen of them so we stuffed each dozen with a different stuffing.  All of them had a cream cheese base.  One had ground turkey with a packet of taco seasoning, one had apple and chicken sausage and one had cheddar cheese, green onions, garlic, Worcestershire and hot sauce.  Took the 3 dozen to the local watering hole.  They lasted about 5 minutes!  They all turned out tasty and as you would expect, not a lot of heat from the peppers themselves.  Did these on the Traeger as once I had smoked them I could ramp the heat up and crisp the bacon in no time.  Only took one pic as we have all seen ABT's before but the "engineering" I used to hold the rack in the Traeger is worth seeing. :D

Will post when I have an opportunity.
KyNola

pensrock

Glad everyone liked them. I also use taco meat, kicked up with some cayenne pepper and salsa, then mix with cheese. Everyone loves them.

OU812

Taco meat in an ABT sounds good, going to give that a try.

I buy all of my spices from Penzeys and they have some killer taco seasoning

pensrock

use about 1/2 pound prepared taco meat, cooled and 8 oz softened cream cheese.
I like to add hot salsa, I suppose one could use mild if so inclined,  ;D to the meat filling as its cooking about 1/2 cup or so, it depends on the taco seasoning.

OU812

pens, thats the way i mix the meat when i add it to the cheese 1 to 1

I do them with leftovers form previous meals like chicken, brisket, pork, turkey and so on. I like to coarse grind the meat first.

Now next time we have tacos i no what im going to do with the leftovers.

Oh ya i like to add salsa to my taco meat (along with the taco seasoning) when its cooking also