• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Big Jerky Time

Started by NePaSmoKer, August 19, 2009, 11:39:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chris_richmond

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on August 20, 2009, 07:35:33 AM
Here is the venison. Sliced and triple washed ready for marinade. The beef i am cutting next.

That venison belongs in my belly.

Was the hickory smoke actual smoke or did you use that hickory smoke liquid thats available?

I am waiting for you to finish that smoker and upload the photos to your blog, will you be using a bradley smoker unit on it?

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: chris_richmond on August 20, 2009, 11:07:14 AM
Quote from: NePaSmoKer on August 20, 2009, 07:35:33 AM
Here is the venison. Sliced and triple washed ready for marinade. The beef i am cutting next.

That venison belongs in my belly.

Was the hickory smoke actual smoke or did you use that hickory smoke liquid thats available?

I am waiting for you to finish that smoker and upload the photos to your blog, will you be using a bradley smoker unit on it?

Yes real hickory smoke.

I am going to fit my smoke generator to it, my bps generator, my cold smokedaddy and a 20,000 btu burner .

nepas

OU812

NePa, with all those smoke generators you should have plenty of smoke in your new maga smoker.

I see you went with the gasser, I'm thinking "smoke ring"  8)

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: OU812 on August 20, 2009, 11:46:14 AM
NePa, with all those smoke generators you should have plenty of smoke in your new maga smoker.

I see you went with the gasser, I'm thinking "smoke ring"  8)

Yeah the BPS generator and the electrics just dont have the btu i need to heat that large of an interior. Its 8' from the ground bricks to the smoke sticks so the slim jims and sausages will be further from the heat.

I can get a 5000 watt electric smoker coil but i dont have 220v in my garage............................YET  ;D

nepas

squirtthecat

We've got one of these about 1.5 miles from my house, on an old abandoned coal mine's "Gob" pile.

We could hijack it, and build a massive, multi-parallel array of Bradley's/Traeger's.   
First, we need a machine shed to hold them all...   And a lot of beer.

Caribou

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on August 20, 2009, 02:50:21 PM
Quote from: OU812 on August 20, 2009, 11:46:14 AM

I see you went with the gasser, I'm thinking "smoke ring"  8)

Yeah the BPS generator and the electrics just dont have the btu i need to heat that large of an interior. Its 8' from the ground bricks to the smoke sticks so the slim jims and sausages will be further from the heat.

I can get a 5000 watt electric smoker coil but i dont have 220v in my garage............................YET  ;D

nepas
Nepas!
You just need one of those phase converters thingies, we put one in our barn when we converted it to a print studio.
So, there! :D
Carolyn

NePaSmoKer

Well i got half the venison jerky done.

[/quote]
Nepas!
You just need one of those phase converters thingies, we put one in our barn when we converted it to a print studio.
So, there! :D
Carolyn
[/quote]

I thought about that but then i would have to put a 100amp service panel in my garage. Maybe next summer  ;D

So There  ;D

nepas

pensrock

You should have 220V single phase coming into the house, what was run to the garage is hard to tell. A phase converter is to use a three phase motor with single phase power. But that does not matter because you are using gas. :) 'dare I say...... so there?' lol
I use propane in my smoke shack and its the same size as yours, I have no problems getting it to 170-180 degrees even in the middle of the winter with 60-75# of sausage hanging in there. I open the top and bottom vents to get a decent flow up through the product and have a temp gauge mounted about the center of the sausages. Electric is easier to control but after you use it a few times you'll get an idea how much flame you need and can adjust the regulator as needed during the smoke. I thought about trying to automate the temp control but I only use that smoker a couple times a year if I'm doing a real big batch of sausage.

smokeitall

Hey Nepas I have 220 in my garage and a spare 5500 watt element....sooo I volunteer to let you keep it at my house and I promise to keep it in tip top shape  :)

Caribou

:D :D :D
That's what it was Pens!
3 phase!
Oh, it's all a big mystery to me!
So, there....I guess! :D
Carolyn