• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Ribs - 10.5 Method? TenPoint5 Method?

Started by monty, August 21, 2009, 04:08:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monty

lurker turned first-time poster, here.

i keep seeing people referencing the "10.5"/"TenPoint5" method re: cooking ribs in the Bradley on the forums? what is this method? where can i see instructions? i tried searching but i can't find anything.

any insight would be much appreciated!

cheers,

monty
Bradley Original Smoker BT1S1
Auber PID WS-1200CPH
Traeger Lil' Tex BBQ070
Char-Broil Big Easy Infrared Fryer 10101480
Napoleon Ultra Chef UP405RB

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

mikeradio

TenPoint5 is a member of the fourm, who has many great methods

Mike

mikecorn.1

Im sure ten point five (10.5) will be by soon to greet you. Welcome to the forum.
Mike

joerom

Hi Monty,
             This is the method I used two times,and they came out perfect both times,both babybacks and spareribs.I am doing babybacks again this sunday and will use this method.It is foolproof.

Joe.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: mikecorn.1 on August 21, 2009, 05:18:33 PM
Im sure ten point five (10.5) will be by soon to greet you. Welcome to the forum.

Correct you are Mike I be here to say WELCOME ABOARD Monty !! As FLB posted I did a pictorial of how I do my ribs in the Bradley and it seems it works pretty darn good for others as well. Enjoy your ribs!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Hopefull Romantic

Welcome aboard Monty.Please let us know how your 10.5 ribs turned out

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

monty

thanks for the link. that's a great pictorial! i use a similar method now when smoking with my grill.

Tenpoint5 - re: step #8 and wrapping in foil. do you completely wrap up the ribs in the foil or just "boat" them?
Bradley Original Smoker BT1S1
Auber PID WS-1200CPH
Traeger Lil' Tex BBQ070
Char-Broil Big Easy Infrared Fryer 10101480
Napoleon Ultra Chef UP405RB

Tenpoint5

I completely wrap in foil. I have a big box of foil I got at Sams, so I wrap it that way.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

squirtthecat

I concur...  Get the 'big foil'.   Costs an arm and a leg, but it very handy.

buttburner

I just use one layer of HD alum foil.

I bought a roll just for this use.

Works great and its not too costly

mikecorn.1

Quote from: buttburner on August 23, 2009, 04:30:41 AM
I just use one layer of HD alum foil.

I bought a roll just for this use.

Works great and its not too costly

Agree, I dont have a sams near by, 1 hour away. I also use HD foil. works great.
Mike

BigJohnT

We don't have a Sams either but I've found the big box of foil in different weights (thickness) at a local restaurant supply. Within a buck or two of Sams price...

John

squirtthecat

We have a GFS (Gordon Food Service) nearby.  Lots of restaurant supplies and 'big' items, and it is open to the public. That's where my foil came from, and my foil pans, and the plastic cafeteria trays I carry my Bradley racks around with.   Their spice selection is quite large a well.  It's worth a visit if you can find one.

http://gfs.know-where.com/gfs/

joerom

This is what you get when you use the 10.5 method.Never fails.These are babybacks I made today.Perfect fall off the bone ribs everytime.I just wrap in foil with apple juice for 1 hour like it says.Follow the directions and you can't miss.