• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

New grinder got here early!!!!!

Started by Jimmy, August 21, 2009, 05:10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HawkeyeSmokes

Nice looking grinder and a nice job of stuffing there Jimmy!
HawkeyeSmokes

Jimmy

Well I tried doing some links, twist one way them twist the other way, about half of them untwisted themselves.. Some I just looped around the sticks which is the method I most prefer.. 

In the Bradley after 2 hours of smoke...

Cooling in the kitchen...

And about half of them vaccum packed...

Thanks for all the tips and tricks, first snack sticks in the Bradley turned out awesome...

The kids have ate about a pound of them already..

Tenpoint5

Way to Go Jimmy They look Awesome!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

smokeitall

Great looking finished product Jimmy.  Twisited or un-twisted they still taste the same.  All packaged up they look great.
SIA

mikeradio

Those look great!
I use butcher string to tie in between the sausage links to keep them from untwisting.

Mike

Jimmy

Quote from: mikeradio on August 24, 2009, 08:31:33 AM
Those look great!
I use butcher string to tie in between the sausage links to keep them from untwisting.

Mike

That's a great idea...  Thanks

OU812

Nice new little tool you got there the sticks look great also.

Rather than twisting or tieing your sticks just leave them in one long stick till after you are done smoking/cooking then just cut to length.

If your are going to twist the cologne casings you will want to cut at the twist shortly after you get done twisting and place them on the racks.

I dont twist anything im going to smoke just stuff and cut to length place on racks and smoke.

drano

I agree with OU812--I don't twist anymore. 
I use cologen casings for snack sticks and brat, etc.  I stuff one long casing, and spiral it around hanging oak rods.  I'll cut to length after smoking.  I don't even tie off the ends--the meat won't fall out as it hangs, and those ends are snacks as I cut them up. ;D
On my last batch of fresh brats, I didn't twist them either.  I cut them afterword, and vacuum packed them.  Sure went a lot quicker, especially with the electric motor on my Cabelas stuffer.

get smokin
drano

OU812

drano

aint that motor gerat on the stuffer, i have one also

sure cuts the stuffing time down

i do brats the same way

Jimmy

Quote from: OU812 on August 24, 2009, 03:18:17 PM
Nice new little tool you got there the sticks look great also.

Rather than twisting or tieing your sticks just leave them in one long stick till after you are done smoking/cooking then just cut to length.

If your are going to twist the cologne casings you will want to cut at the twist shortly after you get done twisting and place them on the racks.

I dont twist anything im going to smoke just stuff and cut to length place on racks and smoke.

I think that's what I'm going to do from now on.. at least for the collagen casings anyway, the ones I just looped around the stick were alot easier...

OU812

Jimmy

Another little tip about collagen casings Dont hang the manila colored casings they will break you have to use the mahogany colored ones to hang from the smoke sticks

muzzletim

Looks like you have a winner, great grind, and even better looking sticks. Keep the pictures coming!
Tim

Jimmy

Quote from: OU812 on August 26, 2009, 06:26:39 AM
Jimmy

Another little tip about collagen casings Dont hang the manila colored casings they will break you have to use the mahogany colored ones to hang from the smoke sticks

Thanks for the tip on that..  I did notice that there are like 3 types of collagen casings, #1 the mahogany ones, #2 the manila ones for smoking and #3 the manila/clear ones not recomended for smoking (too thin).. Can you hang the #2 ones without any problems?

Thanks

Jimmy