I learned something about making briskets over the weekend.

Started by 1wired1, August 24, 2009, 07:20:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1wired1

Make a few because one will not be enough. :)

I tried smoking some potatoes, but they really needed some help.

HawkeyeSmokes

HawkeyeSmokes

FLBentRider

I learned that with the first pork butt.

Always do at least 2.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

OU812

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

FLBentRider

Where are my manners... ???

That looks like a great brisket!

MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Caneyscud

"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

1wired1

I'm just happy to have this forum and the recipe site around to help me out. Not sure how they would have turned out otherwise.

pensrock

looks great  :) I thought I found a brisket today till I seen they wanted $5.49/pound, thats twice what I felt it should cost, so I'm still brisketless.  >:(

FLBentRider

Quote from: pensrock on August 24, 2009, 11:11:38 AM
looks great  :) I thought I found a brisket today till I seen they wanted $5.49/pound, thats twice what I felt it should cost, so I'm still brisketless.  >:(

Ouch!

Ribeyes at Sams were $6.89...

MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

mikecorn.1

Mike

Roadking

Hate to say this but there is one thing wrong with that brisket......

We weren't invited to help you devour it.     :(

Looks great... what did you help the taters with? They look great also.

1wired1

Quote from: Roadking on August 25, 2009, 08:20:35 AM

Hate to say this but there is one thing wrong with that brisket......

We weren't invited to help you devour it.     :(

Looks great... what did you help the taters with? They look great also.

I thought smoked potatoes sounded good, so I put them in a bag with some bbq sauce for a couple days. Then into the smoker with the brisket. Four + hours later they were pretty terrible, so onto the grill they went. Seemed like they had been on the grill long enough so I tried one. Still terrible, so I just left them on the counter. When I took the brisket out of the oven I decided to empty the liquid into a pot and throw the potatoes in.  I got the idea from the recipe site.

Roadking

Quote from: 1wired1 on August 25, 2009, 02:18:19 PM
I thought smoked potatoes sounded good, so I put them in a bag with some bbq sauce for a couple days. Then into the smoker with the brisket. Four + hours later they were pretty terrible, so onto the grill they went. Seemed like they had been on the grill long enough so I tried one. Still terrible, so I just left them on the counter. When I took the brisket out of the oven I decided to empty the liquid into a pot and throw the potatoes in.  I got the idea from the recipe site.
They sure look good sitting in that pot. I think I would personally leave out the smoking on them and just go with the cooking of them in the brisket juices. They'll pick up the smoke flavor from the juices.

Smokin Soon

Went to Costco today, and was shocked by brisket prices. Back to the Asian market to get spareribs at $1.39 a pound and saw belly's at .99 a pound with a 10 pound limit, so put a few in the freezer. Why the big jump in Beef prices?