• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Weekend jerky

Started by OU812, August 25, 2009, 04:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OU812

Nothing fancy here, the daughter wanted some teriyaki whole muscle and i wanted some pepper jerky all deer of course. The teriyaki was made up and soaked for 24 hr
The pepper jerky was from ground and shot out of my jerky cannon.

The pepper jerky took 7 hr at 145 F

When the pepper was done i through in the teriyki

The whole muscle only took 5 hr at 145 F

Both are in there own paper bags in the fridge getting pecked away more and more every day
I made 10 lb of the pepper and 6 lb of the teriyaki

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

mikecorn.1

Mike

HawkeyeSmokes

Looks great there OU812.  ;D
HawkeyeSmokes

muzzletim

Looks great! We will be getting our meat in a week or so from our hunting trip! Will share some jerky making pictures then!
Tim

OU812

Quote from: muzzletim on September 01, 2009, 09:53:33 AM
Looks great! We will be getting our meat in a week or so from our hunting trip! Will share some jerky making pictures then!

What type of critter you huntin for?

Archery deer i bet  8)

muzzletim

Nope we were rifle hunting for broken horn Oryx on the Whitesands missle range. My son have both shot our Once in a Lifetime Oryx so we put in for a broken horn oryx which is basically culling the herd of animals that have their horns broken. Orignally brought over from Africa they now number close to 5000 on the ranges.

We both got one last weekend so we will be getting about 250 # of meat back from the butcher.
Tim

OU812

Oryx, I new that  ;D

250 lb of meat coming you better make some jerky and summer sausage and snack sticks and breakfast sausage and italian sausage and bratwurst and kielbasa and polish sausage and german sausage and room in the freezer ;D

muzzletim

That is the plan!!!!  ;D ;D
Tim

NePaSmoKer

From my front yard this morning. 100lbs of jerky and sausage walking around. Go ahead and eat up dude  ;D   Meet Mr 17 cal  ;D i have a smoker for ya  ;D

nepas

OU812

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on September 01, 2009, 08:56:20 PM
From my front yard this morning. 100lbs of jerky and sausage walking around. Go ahead and eat up dude  ;D   Meet Mr 17 cal  ;D i have a smoker for ya  ;D

nepas

Those 17 cal are some bad ass little guns, the bigest thing i have brought down with mine is a coyote. Dropped him in his tracks