Temperature Question

Started by SteelHeel, August 27, 2009, 06:42:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteelHeel

Hi All,

2nd time using the smoker and I was going to try one of the recipes from the susanminor.org recipes..It is the Smoked Bacon Wrapped Chicken.

http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showthread.php?t=43

Recipe is simple enough but my problem is what temp?  Here is the recommendation...

"Heat Bradley at least 30 minutes. Set heat slider 3/4 way to the right. Suggested 4 pucks of your favorite wood. (I used maple this time.) About 2-1/2 to 2-3/4 hours it will be smoked/ cooked."

Since I have a digital I was not sure what temp the heat slider being 3/4 to the right is?  Any suggestions as to what temp to set it at?

Thanks

mikecorn.1

With my digital I set it to @ 225*. Just have to move temp setting up or down till you get in the ballpark.  But the oven display it not accurate at all. I use an independent thermometer (maverick et-73) to see what the temp is inside the tower. Others will be by with more info.
Mike

SteelHeel

Hey Mike,

Thanks for the tip.  I do have the ET-73. 

FLBentRider

Make sure when you wrap them with the bacon that you do not leave any "escape paths" for the cheese.

It will make a mess of your V-tray, since some of the cheese will find its way out anyway...

but man o man are those things good!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

OU812

I also have the BDS and when i do chicken i set the cabnet temp to 250 F and pull the chicken out when the IT hits 160 F

My reason for the higher temp is to get the bird above the danger point faster and help crisp up the bacon

KyNola

I agree 100% with OU812.  250 degree box temp and an IT of 160.

FLBR is correct when he says they are oh so good!

KyNola

pensrock

Yep, around 250 for chicken.

mikecorn.1

Quote from: SteelHeel on August 27, 2009, 07:04:38 AM
Hey Mike,

Thanks for the tip.  I do have the ET-73. 
No problem.
Mike

mikeradio

Welcome SteelHead

The bacon wrapped Chicken is on my list to do, so I can not comment on it, but welcome to the forum

Mike