• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Puck Advance won't stop.

Started by minnowfisher, August 28, 2009, 02:08:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

minnowfisher

When I switch on my generator, the first puck advances ok, after that the puck advancer won't stop, any ideas guys.
JFG                 
JFG
Ne Obliviscaris, Sans Peur
Once an Argyll, always an Argyll

Habanero Smoker

There are at least two possible issues here. Fist it may be that your advance button is stuck, or it is cause by a loose wire that has disconnected the power to the micro switch.

Maybe one of these links will help.

Stuck Advance Button

Continuous Feeding

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

minnowfisher

Thanks Habs,
I will give that a try and let you know how I get on, it won't be until Sunday though, cheers.
JFG
JFG

drano

JFG,
I had runaway pucks too a while back.  Per one of the threads above, I took out the switch, filed the hole a little bigger (be careful, it doesn't take much ;D), and has been fine since.
Full disclosure--I filed a little too much, and the switch didn't stay in the hole.  So I wrapped it in electrical tape to add some size to the switch until it was big enough to say in.
good luck
drano

minnowfisher

Thanks for the advice Drano, i am sure, between youself and Habs there will be an answer in there, cheers.
JFG
JFG

car54

There is also a momentary contact button in the box that they puck swing arm hit to stop the advance until the next 20 minutes. If this gets stuck the same thing happens. Once I opened up the box to clean it and when I put it back together the same problem happened. I think some cleaning fluid got in the switch causing it to short out.

Brad

minnowfisher

car54, T
Thanks for your input as well, you guys are just great with the help you give people,I will keep you all posted about how I get on with it, but it will have to wait for now, I am off to Egypt for a wee holiday, many thanks again.

JFG.
JFG

Caneyscud

Hope you take lots of film or I guess I should say memory cards and batteries nowadays!  I about broke the bank with film and processing when we went a few years ago!  Enjoy your trip.  When you get back we'll discuss pyramid legs!
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

mikecorn.1

Egypt. Cool. Yeah, take spare battery, nothing like running out of juice and you dont have another one to use.  >:(
Mike