Just got a Bradley digital...

Started by Fisherman Ron, August 28, 2009, 04:14:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fisherman Ron

I've just recently purchased a Bradley digital and want to try it out on a couple of channel cats I caught today, fished for these especially because of this...

I know a little about fishing, but nothing about smoking the catch other than the little blurbs I catch here and there...

Any suggestions from those of you who know more about this on a good brine and smoke type for catfish ???

Thanks...

Ron

pkcdirect

Welcome , Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

Paul    

MES 40" w/1200 Watt Element & Window
Bradley BSS
A-MAZE-N-SMOKER

aces-n-eights

Hey Ron, Congrats on a great purchase, and welcome to an active and friendly forum dedicated to the pursuit of smoked foods.

Check out the recipe site...  http://www.susanminor.org/forums/  ... Go into the "Time Tested Recipes" area and there is a section with "Brines and Cures" as well as a "Fish" section.  Check it out - there may be something that catches your eye.  Sorry i've never smoked catfish...  Let us know how it turns out and don't hesitate to ask questions - good bunch of guys here.

US Army, retired, x2
Soldotna Alaska
"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well."
Psalm 109:8

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum Fisherman Ron!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

mikecorn.1

WELCOME TO THE FORUM FR. Just keep asking. Lots of folks here to answer your questions.
Mike

Hopefull Romantic

Hi there fisherman Ron and welcome to the Bradley family.

Some time ago I have come across this sight which I think could be of help to you:

http://www.smoker-cooking.com/smoked-catfish.html

Good luck

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

jerry52

welcome just do it this smoker is great

jerry52 Florida

Caribou

Welcome to the forum Ron and enjoy your new smoker!
Carolyn

mikeradio

OU812

Welcome to the fun of smoking

My brother loves smoked cats we just through the fish in some salt water after its ben cleaned (i dont measure the salt i just add till it tastes right) let soak for an hr or two rinse and pat dry, lay on racks put in front of a fan till dry to the touch then start the smoker at 220 F when the smoker is up to temp smoke with 2 hr Alder cook till the fish flakes when you twist a fork in it. We only smoke the small ones, to me the 2 to 4 pounders are the best.

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

muzzletim

Welcome to a great forum!! Just ask and you shall recieve, great bunch of people!
Tim