• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Alton Brown Style Jerky

Started by NePaSmoKer, September 01, 2009, 08:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on September 02, 2009, 11:36:33 AM
Quote from: dannyd on September 02, 2009, 11:31:54 AM
Nepa man, that stuff looks delicious!

Thanks

One batch going to Iraq and the other to Afghanistan  ;D  I dont give a flyin $#@^ If their religious beliefs say not to ship smoked goods over there.

nepas

I'm with you Nepas keep sending them boys their care packages!! Cause I know they share with the other troops and if it helps them get through another day and remembering there loved ones with some simple comfort food. Who Cares???

Whats the difference between a Terrorist and a Toddler?  A toddler wears his diaper on his A.. not on his head!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

BigJohnT

I just had a guy fresh out of Army want to rent a house from me about a month ago. I cut the rent by 1/4 as my appreciation for him doing his service to this great country and to give him a easier start in the job market. He is a great guy and responsible. I could not ask for a better renter than an Honorable Discharge Army guy.

John

BigJohnT

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on September 02, 2009, 11:12:39 AM
Quote from: BigJohnT on September 02, 2009, 09:48:24 AM
Will I get to taste of one of them?

John

Ahhh damn John i sent the box out this morning. Sorry

nepas

It's a good thing the post office lady didn't know what was in the box... it might not have made it.

MMMMMMM good

Now how about some hints on the recipe.

John

smokeitall

Dang BigJohnT I was one day late.  Did you get a ride in today?

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: smokeitall on September 04, 2009, 06:42:52 PM

DOH

Thats a secret receipt.

nepas

smokeitall

I wish I could have tried that secret receipt  ;D

BigJohnT

Quote from: smokeitall on September 04, 2009, 06:42:52 PM

No, I put the automagical smoker controller back together... almost as much fun as a bike ride.

John

Hopefull Romantic

Thanks

One batch going to Iraq and the other to Afghanistan  ;D  I don't give a flyin $#@^ If their religious beliefs say not to ship smoked goods over there.

nepas

NePas

There are no rules, regulation, laws, religious beliefs or otherwise that would stop smoked food from going to Iraq or Afghanistan. Even Pork is available at least in Iraq as there is a large christian minority there.

Just thought you should know.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: BigJohnT on September 04, 2009, 05:10:49 PM
Quote from: NePaSmoKer on September 02, 2009, 11:12:39 AM
Quote from: BigJohnT on September 02, 2009, 09:48:24 AM
Will I get to taste of one of them?

John

Ahhh damn John i sent the box out this morning. Sorry

nepas

It's a good thing the post office lady didn't know what was in the box... it might not have made it.

MMMMMMM good

Now how about some hints on the recipe.

John

Hopefully Mine will get here today if Big John got his yesterday!

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Tenpoint5

WOOOHOOO Mine got here this morning!!! I had to put it in a ziplock bag and put it in the Beer Fridge in the garage (It has a lock and hasp on it) to keep the kids from scarfing the whole thing down on me.

BigJohnT

I tried to put a lock and hasp on a fridge once when my daughter was young to keep her from drinking all the sodas up. When I got to the last hole I hit a freon line.  :o S o I ripped out the compressor and made a vacuum pump out of it and hauled it to the dump. I wish I had used JB Weld instead of screws to put the hasp on.

John

smokeitall

I put a pad lock on my deep freeze...I got sick of going downstairs and finding everything half frozen with the lid up.  Luckily I didn't hit any lines.  :)

dbrown1

Thanks

One batch going to Iraq and the other to Afghanistan  ;D  I don't give a flyin $#@^ If their religious beliefs say not to ship smoked goods over there.

nepas
Man that looks good... I agree with you Nepas F'em if they can't take a joke, I think its awesome your sending stuff over there I have a few friends there now (Afghanistan) and now I need to follow suit....Now if I just had me a secret recipe  ;)

sodak

Now, if I could only learn another secret recipe that I wouldn't ever think of sharing with anyone.  Ever.  Never.  My life would then be complete.  Mostly.