Was I wrong

Started by Hopefull Romantic, September 02, 2009, 02:54:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hopefull Romantic

The other day, my wife and I went to supermarket we usually don't go to. While there, I decided to by a small turkey in order to test smoke it for a thanksgiving feast we are planning in November (we have many American fiends in Jordan and we decided to give them a piece of home).
As I was looking in the frozen meat section, I found that they have two kinds of turkeys; Butterball and a Brazilian brand so I decided to go with Butterball. I saw one that had a label saying it was 2.05 kilos (4.5 lbs.) and priced at $9.99 but when I lifted it there wasn't much difference from the other heavier ones. So I decided to weigh it and it turned out to be over 15 pounds and thus should have been priced at about $34. I thought if they caught it at the checkout, then I just pay what it is worth, but they did not.
So friends, was I wrong?????

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

FLBentRider

I wouldn't say wrong. How about lucky ?

What about the dude that gets the little turkey with the $34.00 price tag ?  ;D ;D

I've had that happen to me at Sams club with pork loins. The weight stickers get mixed up.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

manxman

QuoteHow about lucky ?

Lucky is the word..... you paid the marked price so I don't think you were wrong.  ;) ;D
Manxman

mikecorn.1

Congratulations on your SCORE.  :o
Mike

Tenpoint5

Not wrong, just lucky to capitalize on the grocer's mistake.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

pensrock

You paid the sticker price, nothing wrong with that.  :)

3rensho

I'd do the same thing and happy eating.  It'll taste that much better  ;D ;D
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

Hopefull Romantic

Thanks y'all I am feeling much better. I was afraid I would chock on the first bite.

HR

Mr Walleye

Were you wrong???  Not a chance!

Bottom line.... The marked price is the marked price!

A better questions is...  Can the grocer sleep at night when, as an example, they skyrocket the price of "BBQ" cuts during the summer months?

I now it's just supply and demand but....

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: Mr Walleye on September 02, 2009, 09:27:58 AM
Were you wrong???  Not a chance!

Bottom line.... The marked price is the marked price!

A better questions is...  Can the grocer sleep at night when, as an example, they skyrocket the price of "BBQ" cuts during the summer months?

I now it's just supply and demand but....

Mike

I heard that. Sorry read.

HR

Caribou

HR
You paid the marked price.
I'm sure you have been over-charged for things and didn't even know it.
It all balances out.
IMHO
Carolyn

ArnieM

Quote from: Caribou on September 02, 2009, 03:34:03 PM
It all balances out.
Carolyn

You're correct Carolyn.  You made out good this time but watch out for next time!  A while back my wife got a good sized beef roast for $0.49.  Sometime later I got steak from the butcher dept. for $5.99/pound and noticed it was $12.99/pound when I unwrapped it to cook it.  They used the price for organic, free range, hand fed, brushed and combed beef.  So, I guess it balanced out.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: Caribou on September 02, 2009, 03:34:03 PM
HR
It all balances out.
IMHO
Carolyn

Hi Carolyn and you are right.

About a year ago and in the same supermarket, I was looking for new shaving blades for my Gillette fusion  shaving "machine" they were 38 bucks for 4 blades. At the time, I said the heck with that I would go back to the old disposable razor blades; much cheaper any way so did not buy at the time. The next day I found the same four "fusion" blades dor $21 and still would not buy them. A couple of days later, I found them in the drug store less than 100 feet from I live for less than $12. Still did not buy them. At the time my wife was in Dubai and she called me to say that she found the same exact blades but 8 in a package for around $9. She bought me enough to last me 5 years. So there I don't feel bad and I am going to enjoy every bit of that old turkey.

HR

classicrockgriller

The "turkey" patrol just called me looking for a guy that got a 15 lb turkey for 9.99. Great deal.

Hopefull Romantic

They called me too and I told them to check with my stomach lawyers.

I am planning to have it for a big thanksgiving dinner. I will post them pics.

HR