• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Whiskey: American or Canadian ?

Started by classicrockgriller, September 02, 2009, 07:31:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caneyscud

Its been a while since I tipped a glass.  

Cask Strength Laphroaig!

It'll not only put hair back on your head, it'll also make you irresistible to the ladies and make you purr while you bask in the dark smokiness.  

Unfortunately, the only place I have seen it was in a little shop in Inverness.  They also had among others one that was from the Isle of Skye - Talisker.  A couple of fingers of that and you dream of being on a sailboat wondering if that is what ocean waters taste like.  You can taste the ocean in that whiskey.
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

KevinG

Quote from: Caneyscud on November 17, 2009, 05:43:04 AM

Cask Strength Laphroaig!

It'll not only put hair back on your head, it'll also make you irresistible to the ladies and make you purr while you bask in the dark smokiness.   

I think you'd confuse the heck out of Vanna White on Wheel of Fortune with the spelling on that one!
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

classicrockgriller

Quote from: Caneyscud on November 17, 2009, 05:43:04 AM

Cask Strength Laphroaig!

Unfortunately, the only place I have seen it was in a little shop in Inverness.  They also had among others one that was from the Isle of Skye - Talisker.  A couple of fingers of that and you dream of being on a sailboat wondering if that is what ocean waters taste like.  You can taste the ocean in that whiskey.

Sounds Very Interesting Caney

manxman

Generally prefer brandy to whisky / whiskey myself with Janneau VSOP Armagnac my favourite.  :)

However Balvenie Doublewood Scotch Single Malt Whisky or Irish whiskeys Bowmore Islay, Bushmills or Auchentoshen are all nice.  ;)
Manxman

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: manxman on November 19, 2009, 01:13:52 PM
Generally prefer brandy to whisky / whiskey myself with Janneau VSOP Armagnac my favourite.  :)

However Balvenie Doublewood Scotch Single Malt Whisky or Irish whiskeys Bowmore Islay, Bushmills or Auchentoshen are all nice.  ;)

I am not sure if I am spelling it right but have you tried Dalhuini single malt.

I think it is great.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

manxman

QuoteI am not sure if I am spelling it right but have you tried Dalhuini single malt.
I think it is great.

Showed this post to a whisky expert friend of mine as I know next to nothing about whisky other than a couple I like.

He thought you may have meant Dalwhinnie?

http://www.newtonmore.com/dalwhinnie/Default.htm

If that it the case he recknos it is one of Scotland's finest! Another one for me to try!! ;) :D
Manxman

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: manxman on November 20, 2009, 04:20:10 AM
QuoteI am not sure if I am spelling it right but have you tried Dalhuini single malt.
I think it is great.

Showed this post to a whisky expert friend of mine as I know next to nothing about whisky other than a couple I like.

If that it the case he recknos it is one of Scotland's finest! Another one for me to try!! ;) :D

Hopefull Romantic

Hey manxman, I dont know what happened in the previous post, but any way, you should try it it is wonderful.

BTW, Dalwhinnie pronunciation is very similar to an Arabic word that means "CURE ME" and it sure does.

HR

manxman

QuoteDalwhinnie pronunciation is very similar to an Arabic word that means "CURE ME"

Now that sounds like a very good reason to try it!!  ;) :D
Manxman

rdevous

Quote from: manxman on November 20, 2009, 04:20:10 AM

Now THAT is a great single malt Scotch!

Ray
If you can't smoke it.....you don't need it!!!