• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Whiskey: American or Canadian ?

Started by classicrockgriller, September 02, 2009, 07:31:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

classicrockgriller

Them selling out has pissed alot of ppl off.

Hopefull Romantic

I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

Oldman

Screw the whiskey... cognac baby is the way to go...~~!  ;D ;D ;D

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: Oldman on November 12, 2009, 04:39:22 PM
Screw the whiskey... cognac baby is the way to go...~~!  ;D ;D ;D

Now there is a man after my own heart. Olds, have you tried Hennessy Paradis?

Man that is some congac to be had.

HR

KyNola

HR,
Do NOT start with me on a very fine cognac paired with an equally fine cigar.

Come to think of it now that you have made me think of that, I need some quiet time to myself.

My favorite "home" bar in New Orleans has great cigars and a cigar blend cognac.  They are very kind to me.

KyNola

Oldman

QuoteOlds, have you tried Hennessy Paradis?
I do drink Hennessy VSOP, but have not tried the Paradis. While there are cognacs that cost a lot more than Hennessy I love the bottom end of their flavor. Many cognacs "tank" is to high and sweet for me. For example: Courvoisier.

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Savannahsmoker

Whiskey form Canada is usually a blend.  Whiskey from USA is great.  Sometimes I like whisky.  
Here is smoking and having a drink of good whisky

here is our modest bar.

Hopefull Romantic

Savannah

Loved your bar. I miss mine and I tell you that is where I spend most of my quality time.

You inspired me with your first picture though, Cold smoked Whiskey  ??? Next time I do some cheese, I will put a glass of JD in there. But I wonder if I have to vac pack it and wait for 14 days.  ;D

HR

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: Oldman on November 12, 2009, 06:57:16 PM
QuoteOlds, have you tried Hennessy Paradis?
I do drink Hennessy VSOP, but have not tried the Paradis. While there are cognacs that cost a lot more than Hennessy I love the bottom end of their flavor. Many cognacs "tank" is to high and sweet for me. For example: Courvoisier.

I agree and talking about too high, try this for size. I was in the Four Seasons "Square" Bar in Amman once when four guys walked in and ordered four Rémy Martin Louis XIII. I have never heard of it before and I asked the barman to see the bottle. Being curious, I asked him how much does it cost. 600 dinar he replied. That is $679 falks and PER GLASS  :o  :o. Now that is crazy and waht is crazier, they had six glasses between them and paid the bill to which 10% service charge and 16% tax was added.

Needless to say, I never went back there again.

HR

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: KyNola on November 12, 2009, 06:43:51 PM
HR,
Do NOT start with me on a very fine cognac paired with an equally fine cigar.

Come to think of it now that you have made me think of that, I need some quiet time to myself.

My favorite "home" bar in New Orleans has great cigars and a cigar blend cognac.  They are very kind to me.

KyNola

Ky now you got me started. My favorite "home" bar is in the Regency Hotel in Amman. They have a special cigar room where you are served very fine Cubans and other quality cigars. Congac is served on real silver old trays and by real nice ladies and the best of all, you would be sitting on a recliner proped back half way. Love that place.

HR

Wildcat

I used to drink Asbach when I was stationed in Germany. Not too many places in Florida carry it though.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

KyNola

HR,
Now that scenario sounds like the ultimate to me.

KyNola

Piker

Canadian of course. A very fine whiskey called what else Canadian Club!!! Smoothest whiskey out there.

hal4uk

No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

ArnieM

I just got into this thread.  I'm not much of a hard liquor drinker (or at least I wasn't before I got into this damned forum) and so didn't feel qualified to comment.  My doctor said it's no good for me based on what's left of my liver.  But, then, my doctor was charged with a DUI about a year ago.

CRG - Thanks for the honorable mention regarding Makers Mark quite some time back.  Good stuff.

I've tried a number of different bourbons.  JD is certainly a good standby.  Wild Turkey 80 and 101 was pretty good too.  I got a bottle of some 10 year old stuff, kinda pricey.  I forgot who made it.  I didn't like it all.  Gave it to the cat and now I have to replace the wallpaper in the family room  >:(

I got Jim Beam Rye this afternoon and I like it, probably better than the bourbons.

My wife says "Remember what the doctor said.  If you drink this stuff you're gonna die soon."  I said "You'll get the life insurance."  She said "Do you need anything else?  I'll run out."  She's so nice to me.

-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.