• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Chicken Fried Steak

Started by westexasmoker, September 04, 2009, 07:09:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

westexasmoker

Haven't done a chicken fry in while, had some top round in the fridge so why not!  Trimmed up, tenderized, seasoned and resting.

Into the smoker @ 190 for an hours worth of smoke, along with some taters

After the smoke

Time for a soak in some buttermilk and some more seasoning

Taters boiled in chicken broth until fork tender.  Pepper, stick of butter and some sour cream..Ready for mashing

Frying up the steaks

Drained on brown paper sack

Plated with biscuits and gravy

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Hopefull Romantic

Lord Have Mercy.

WTS it is almost dinner time here and after seeing your pics, I lost my appetite for every thing else. Truly a great Job

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

KyNola

Sweet Jesus WTS.  That looks incredible.

I'll bet you can smoke ice cream can't you?

KyNola

squirtthecat

Tenpoint5

That look Damn Good this morning WTS!!! Ever try swapping out the sour cream for cream cheese? That's the way we make it here
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Hopefull Romantic

WTS,

I want the full recipy please.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

Caribou

I'm jumping in my truck right now WTS!
Be there in about 3 days
Keep that plate warm for me! :D
Carolyn

FLBentRider

Whatever I have for lunch will be pale in comparison!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

deb415611

I hate when you do chicken fried steak ;)   

I just ate a leftover turkey burger  :(  ,  no comparison

Nice job WTS!

BC Smokin'

Man! This sure brings back memories, you are making me homesick, not to mention hungry. This looks super! :)
BC Smokin'
You can take the girl out of Texas, but you can't take Texas out of the girl

mikecorn.1

Fellow TEXAN here, got a question for ya. Does the smoke flavor hold up to the frying of the steak. Also do the mashed taters hold up to all the other stuff put into them. Oh, excuse my manners, i forgot, dam that there look s frggin awesome.  :P
Mike

CB

As a hired gun for marketing in a previous life I had the ocassion to consult a large international ballet company - that's right, the toe shoe wearing crowd.  The artistic director was a good fella and we'd get together for coffee (no he wasn't) and one day we decided to have lunch and he said: "You pick the spot."

One of my favorite places to eat in Seattle is the Bay Cafe - in the fisherman's terminal area. The coffee is good (but not fancy) the waitresses are nice frau-types who call you 'hon and give you a hard time, and the clientele is regular folk so when you sit at the counter there is sure to be a retired guy on one side of you and a fella who worked all morning in the engine room of a big fishing boat on the other.  You know what I'm talking about. I've eaten in many fine restaurants but a place like this reminds me of home, my mom was a waitress in just such a cafe.

When my 'client' and I arrived I saw his eyes light up when he looked at the menu and he told me - "Wife would never let me have this at home so don't tell her!" (see I told you he wasn't)  Chicken fried steak with biscuits and pan gravy.

The conversation immediately took a turn away from ballet and to his upbringing on a farm, working long hard days away from the big city. When Saturday evening came around, they'd head to town and he said he always admired the Fred Astaire movies. Being a farm boy he figured if he wanted to get the girls he better learn how to dance.  And learn he did.  Became a big time dancer in NYC where he met his wife - also an amazing dancer and quite a looker.

So, there after when I observed him teaching class and holding the legs of a beautiful ballerina - twirling her around and lifting her in the air - I'd sometimes see the same gleam in his eye that I saw that morning when he had the chicken fried steak.

Damn smart man. (He definitely wasn't)
Happy Grilling!

Mr Walleye

Looks awesome WTS!  8)

CB

Great story! It's funny how some food always brings back good memories.  ;)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

OU812

Dam, now thats a good looking plate of grub you made there

Chicken fried steak, taters and biskets all covered with gravy now i'm hungry

York