• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

7AM brisket

Started by squirtthecat, September 05, 2009, 06:10:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

squirtthecat

I did a pork butt and a smallish brisket overnight in the OBS - safely, boated in tightly covered pans after the smoke.

Temps got out of control on me, my ET-73 said the cabinet temp was 260, while the door read right at 200.   When I yanked them out this morning, both brisket and butt were 225 IT.  :o   (note to self, get PID sooner rather than later)

I moved the probes for a 2nd reading and got 205 for each.   Wrapped the pans tight w/ fresh foil and piled between towels in my cooler.

It smells goooooood in here this morning...

While warming the box up last night, I slathered both with a local spicy 'beer and brat' mustard and a healthy dusting of another locally produced 'all purpose seasoning'.  The pic isn't worth a cr*p, but we always have to show the before and after!

Tenpoint5

Should be down right tender. The 225 IT might have been in a fat pocket.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

squirtthecat

Thanks, that's what I'm thinking-hoping as well...   It sure felt tender.  I wrapped them back up in the original pans, as I could hardly pick them up without shredding them all over the kitchen sink/counter/floor.

Might be pulled pork and pulled beef later today!

Hopefull Romantic

Looking good there squirt.

Glad you decided on the PID.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

mikecorn.1

Good looking stuff there squirt. let see some pics of that thing shredded.
Mike

squirtthecat

Check out the 'Labor Day Smoke-A-Thon' thread. I posted the end product there.