• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Labor Day Weekend Smoke-athon

Started by KyNola, September 05, 2009, 08:43:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

smokeitall

I did a 8lb stuffed pork loin yesterday, no smoke just made stuffing, added cranberries, butterflied the pork loin and stuffed and tied with butchers twine.  That went on the Weber for two hours of indirect heat.  Then put on 14 lbs of pork butt for pulled pork for today's dinner, more than half is gone.  Tomorrow I am going to make a few dozen ABT's.

I also took advantage of the $0.87 / lb of pork butt at Schnucks yesterday.  I bought 3 - 7 lb butts.  I should have bought 10 cases  ;D

squirtthecat

Quote from: smokeitall on September 06, 2009, 09:38:46 PM
I also took advantage of the $0.87 / lb of pork butt at Schnucks yesterday.  I bought 3 - 7 lb butts.  I should have bought 10 cases  ;D

Same here...  I wish I had a bigger freezer.

MIL came over yesterday, so we had pulled pork & shredded beef sammies w/ Bandana's BBQ sauce.  I sent a container home with her and vacpaked/froze the rest. 

Now I have a ~5 lb turkey roast warming up in the sink....

dilly

I decided on ribs for Labour Day...they are smoking away as we speak!

I have to run back and forth between a soap box derby and my smoker this afternoon...good thing these DBS things are easy!
My meat goes from field to table by my own hands.

KyNola

Got bored today with nothing smoking after 2 full days of smoking. Soooooo, went to the freezer, pulled out a whole sockeye salmon fillet, thawed it out and rubbed with olive oil then applied two different rubs and then into the Traeger on the smoke setting for 45-50 minutes.  Dang near ate the entire fillet standing in the kitchen when I brought it in!

KyNola