just got a portable porpane smoker need help

Started by compactcd, September 05, 2009, 08:46:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

compactcd

Hello,  I just got a new portable smoker.   Its all set up except on the end of the bisket cylinder is a little hole what is it for?   Also,  now that I have the smoker I bought for taking camping I need to make sure everything works so what should I smoke first.   do I have to smoke it and then cook it or do you just smoke it...?  Help

compactcd

Habanero Smoker

I don't have this smoker but looking at the picture that is posted on this thread http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=11254.0, it looks like an air intake.

As for generally for smoking/cooking you do both at the same time; there are exceptions. The first stage of cooking you are applying smoke. Depending on your own personal taste, the amount of smoke may vary. For starter, use 1:40 - 2:00 hours for chicken, fish, sausage ribs, loins; 3:00 - 4:00 of smoke for butts, brisket, hams etc.

After the smoke has been applied continue the cook; generally at the same temperature you applied the smoke at. Most of use use 200°F - 225°F.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

classicrockgriller

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

pkcdirect

Welcome , Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

Paul

Paul    

MES 40" w/1200 Watt Element & Window
Bradley BSS
A-MAZE-N-SMOKER

ArnieM

Welcome to the forum compactcd.  I noticed the little hole on the bisquette stack too and have no idea what it's for.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Bradley (Head Office)

Hi Compactcd

If you are referring to this hole in the feeder tube it is there for manufacturing purposes only

ArnieM

I'm glad to hear that.  It means I put mine in the correct place - anywhere.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.