• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

My Bradley OBS vs my Treager 124

Started by joerom, September 07, 2009, 02:18:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joerom

Hello all,
         I just made ribs in my new Treager 124 today and I did it by the 3-1-1 method,the same as I do it in my Bradley.The ribs looked the same as when I do them in the Bradley.The difference is that when you bite into them,you have a little resistance coming off the bone,and the texture is more firm.Now I know some like it that way and say that is how they should be eaten.When I do them in the Bradley OBS,the meat falls of the bone when you bite into it,and it seems more tender,and that is the way I like my ribs.I still think Bradley ribs are the best!The ribs were done using the same rub and sauce and even wood type.Taste seemed very similar.I also made a turkey breast in the Treager and that was the best I ever made,but have not done a turkey breast in the Bradley yet.So,you can take away what ever you like from this,and I am sure I will hear other opinions,and I welcome them.The picture below is the Treager ribs,because I have posted Bradley ribs a few times.

Wildcat

Nice appraisal! Thanks for the information. I am sure many on here will find that information useful.  ;)
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

mikecorn.1

Wow.Nice rack. that color looks awesome.
Mike

joerom

I just thought it would be best to have a picture of my Bradley OBS ribs on this page also to show comparison.
                                                        Joe.

ArnieM

Just curious - did you use the 225 or 180 controller?
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

joerom

Hello,mine has the 225 controller,and I did both ribs on 225.
                                                                             Joe

monty

great pics Joe.

glad to hear the OBS reigns supreme when it comes to ribs!  ;D

i was seriously contemplating getting a Traeger when looking at smokers, but the pricepoint of the OBS plus the versatility won me over. not to mention the passion of the people on this forum and the support of Bradley HQ!
Bradley Original Smoker BT1S1
Auber PID WS-1200CPH
Traeger Lil' Tex BBQ070
Char-Broil Big Easy Infrared Fryer 10101480
Napoleon Ultra Chef UP405RB