• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Smoked Polish Kielbasa

Started by NePaSmoKer, September 08, 2009, 10:13:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: pensrock on September 09, 2009, 07:39:31 AM
Rick, did you put powdered milk in to help control the shrinkage? They look great, I never thought of doing kielbasa snack sticks, another thing on my to do list.  LOL, I'm not even married and have a long to do list.  ;D

Yeah i did use dry milk, for some reason i am not liking the last batch of soy protein i got  :-\

nepas

Caribou

Those look wonderful !
No casings or vacuum bags! :o
What's going on in the Nepas household!? ;) :D
Carolyn

NePaSmoKer

Got a bit of sleep. So ok then up n at em and cut the sticks up.

Yeah Carolyn i been getting behind on my supplies and deer season is upon us too.

nepas

Caribou

Good luck Nepas!  You'll hanging another mesquite-smoked deer skull on your new smoker soon :)
We do not have deer season (rifle) here for quite a while but turkey season starts next Tues so I'll be trying to fill my turkey tag.
Carolyn

OU812

Looking good as always

Thats something I have ben meaning to make, maybe this weekend.

Running out of everything, sounds like someone needs to take an inventory and stock up b4 deer season gets here  ;D

BigJohnT

Looking good. Kielbasa is next on my list. How did the 1" tube work out?

John

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: BigJohnT on September 10, 2009, 10:29:46 AM
Looking good. Kielbasa is next on my list. How did the 1" tube work out?

John

The 1" tube works fantastic.

How was the jerky and sticks.

nepas

BigJohnT

There is no evidence left that they ever existed  ;D

John

carnie1

;D Just to let you know NePa gave me a few of those yesterday and I had some last night and they were fantastic  ;D

ArnieM

Boy, that all looks good; I'll have to try some.  I've only had my OBS for a few weeks so I just-have-to-pace-myself.  Do you think a few 3/4 inch wooden dowels on the top shelf slides of the OBS would do as well for hanging the kielbasa? 
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

OU812

Quote from: ArnieM on September 14, 2009, 11:45:19 AM
Boy, that all looks good; I'll have to try some.  I've only had my OBS for a few weeks so I just-have-to-pace-myself.  Do you think a few 3/4 inch wooden dowels on the top shelf slides of the OBS would do as well for hanging the kielbasa? 

Yep, thats what I do, 5/8" oak dowels