1st shot at pastrami (sort of)

Started by Up In Smoke, September 09, 2009, 05:52:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squirtthecat

I brought it to work and gave to our cook down in the cafeteria.   She sliced it up wafer thin on the big commercial  slicer, and it is going on the lunch menu.   It looked pretty in her cooler/sandwich work station!   

I'll get a nice pic of it before I eat some..

Tenpoint5

Aint you gonna look funny taking pictures of food in the cafeteria! You got sum splain'in to do!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

OU812

squirtthecat

Naw, I use the camera on my phone..  Just looks like I'm reading a text message.   ;)

OU812

Quote from: squirtthecat on September 21, 2009, 07:47:30 AM

Naw, I use the camera on my phone..  Just looks like I'm reading a text message.   ;)

Sly cat  8)

OU812

Sweeeeeet

I'll have one of those samme's to go please

FLBentRider

That's a nice sandwich bar you have there!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

squirtthecat

Thanks!  Man, it turned out great...   I was a little nervous after the chewy bit I got right after the FTC, but the day or so in the fridge (and the paper thin slices) did the trick.

The guy in line behind me saw that, and ordered one for himself.

it has got to feel good seeing something you put together
on the sandwich station at the lunch counter!

Best thing, is that I get to eat free for a few days...  ;D

I grabbed another flat at the store yesterday.  If this sells well for her, we'll do it up again.

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

ArnieM

That pastrami looks really good.  Starting with corned beef probably saves some time and trouble.  Also, experimenting with a smaller hunk of meat is certainly the safest route.  I am definitely going to try that!  Now, I wonder when it's going on sale.  ??? ???
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

squirtthecat

Quote from: ArnieM on September 21, 2009, 12:27:21 PM
Now, I wonder when it's going on sale.  ??? ???

March 18th, 2010.    ;D

OU812

ArnieM

Quote from: squirtthecat on September 21, 2009, 12:32:42 PM

March 18th, 2010.    ;D

First, that didn't work this year.  I expected a sale after St. Patty's day, but, nothing.   >:( Second, I can't wait that long.  :)
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.