• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

pork butt

Started by Quarlow, September 09, 2009, 09:41:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyNola

Quarlow,
After you smoke the cheese either wrap in plastic wrap or vac seal and don't open it for at least 10 days.  Freshly smoked cheese straight out of the smoker tastes like licking a dirty ashtray.  The smoke needs time to "ripen".  The longer you can hold off, the better the cheese will taste but a minimum of 10 days is necessary.

KyNola

Quarlow

Ok, I will rig up a cold smoker box and give it a try. I know Bradley has one but I like to tinker, so I will use a cardboard box this weekend, but I will build a real nice one out of stainless and maybe even insulate it. Thanks Ky I will resist the temptation to sample it and aged it in the fridge for 2 weeks. You know everybody wants to sample as they go, But not with an ashtray haha.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

KyNola

I have some white cheddar that has been vac sealed for 6 months.  Every time I open a package folks want to know where they can buy it.

It just gets better and better.  Smoked gouda?  OMG!!!!!

:) :) :)
KyNola

Quarlow

Yeah, I am thinking that if I am going to the trouble of building a cold box, I might as well put some other cheese's in and fill the thing.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ

HawkeyeSmokes

Quote from: Quarlow on September 11, 2009, 04:44:57 PM
Ok, I will rig up a cold smoker box and give it a try. I know Bradley has one but I like to tinker, so I will use a cardboard box this weekend, but I will build a real nice one out of stainless and maybe even insulate it. Thanks Ky I will resist the temptation to sample it and aged it in the fridge for 2 weeks. You know everybody wants to sample as they go, But not with an ashtray haha.

I don't think I would insulate it because you want to let the heat dissipate before it gets into the smoker.
HawkeyeSmokes

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: HawkeyeSmokes on September 11, 2009, 07:09:48 PM
Quote from: Quarlow on September 11, 2009, 04:44:57 PM

I don't think I would insulate it because you want to let the heat dissipate before it gets into the smoker.

TOUCHE

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

Quarlow

Oh, I see what your saying, would there be any benefit to putting ice in this box or is that just too cold.

OBS
BBQ

HawkeyeSmokes

Haven't heard of anyone putting ice in the cold smoke box but they do use it in smoker chamber. Here's a link to a pic of Nepas doing it. http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/stlthy1/DSCF4360.jpg
HawkeyeSmokes

HawkeyeSmokes

And here's a link to a picture of a cold smoke box that pensrock made. http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh46/pensrock/bradley_setup029-1.jpg
HawkeyeSmokes

Quarlow

thanks guys again my questions are answered

OBS
BBQ