• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Screens

Started by schneep, September 12, 2009, 08:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

schneep

When I purchased my OBS, PID and ET 73 I also purchased a couple screens for on the racks so things would'nt fall through or wrap around the wires.  They are fireproof and work great, they are not the jerky screens.
I just purchased the jerky screens, and am not very satisfied with them, but will continue to work on them. 
The ones I am looking for are a very fine mesh, can anyone tell me where I can purchase more of them?   
Retirement, Everyday's a Holiday, and every night's a Saturday night!!

KyNola

You betcha.  Contact Bryan at Yard and Pool.  He has the high temp jerky screens that lay perfectly on your Bradley racks.  Very high temp and pretty much nonstick.  I have 8 of them and nothing goes in my BDS unless it's sitting on one of those screens.

KyNola

Hopefull Romantic

Hey Ky,

are those different than those sold by Bradley?

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: Hopefull Romantic on September 13, 2009, 12:22:03 AM
Hey Ky,

are those different than those sold by Bradley?

HR

Yes, they are different. The ones from Bradley have a larger mesh opening, and will not tolerate high temperatures. They are mainly for making jerky. If you use them to line your trays while smoking brisket, butts or chicken they will melt.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

KyNola

HR,
Habs has you answered.  The ones Bryan sells withstand temps of 500 degrees.  Not only do I use them in my Bradley, I also use them in my Traeger for anything that might otherwise fall through the grates.  Not sure what they are made of but it reminds me of fiberglass.  Flexible and nonstick.  Well worth the money.

KyNola

Hopefull Romantic

Thanks Habs and Ky for the heads up on the possibility of melting. I have the Bradley jerky racks and did not know that.

I will place the order in the morning with Bryan.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

schneep

I ordered my latest ones from Yard and Pool, but apparently I ordered the wrong thing, I got the low temp jerky racks, o well, I'll just re-order the ones I want.  Thanks to everyone.
Retirement, Everyday's a Holiday, and every night's a Saturday night!!

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: schneep on September 13, 2009, 10:19:07 PM
I ordered my latest ones from Yard and Pool, but apparently I ordered the wrong thing, I got the low temp jerky racks, o well, I'll just re-order the ones I want.  Thanks to everyone.

If you haven't used them yet, contact Yard & Pool; I'm sure they can work with you on an exchange.

I originally purchased the Bradley screens; prior to Yard & Pool selling the high temperature screen. They still come in handy during cold smoking and very low temperatures used during drying jerky, sausage, or smoking salmon.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

BigJohnT

I got the Bradley Jerky Racks and prefer them to the regular racks. They are non-stick coated and clean easy and have a small grid.

John

Wildcat

Quote from: BigJohnT on September 14, 2009, 04:33:14 AM
I got the Bradley Jerky Racks and prefer them to the regular racks. They are non-stick coated and clean easy and have a small grid.

John

You will more than likely find that in a short period of time the non-stick will come off. (I assume that you guys are talking about 3 separate things here - jerky racks, low temp screens, and high temp screens). I purchased some of the jerky racks almost 3 years ago. I have never used them because I have yet to do jerky and based on some posts a couple of years back by some of the really old timers on here, I elected to simply not use them until I needed them for cold smoking because the non-stick would eventually flake off and that did not sound very tasty. I did purchase some high temp screens from Tiny Tim and love them.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

begolf25

Quote from: schneep on September 13, 2009, 10:19:07 PM

Schneep,

If you haven't used the screens and they are still in the original you can return them to us. You can give me a call or email me on how to do so. My email address is listed on my profile page.

Bryan

Gizmo

Quote from: KyNola on September 13, 2009, 07:29:27 AM
Not sure what they are made of but it reminds me of fiberglass.  Flexible and nonstick.  Well worth the money.

KyNola

You are right on point KyNola, USDA PTFE coated fiberglass.

PTFE or Polytetrafluorethylene is AKA non-stick.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

BigJohnT

Quote from: Wildcat on September 14, 2009, 06:09:59 AM

You will more than likely find that in a short period of time the non-stick will come off.

I haven't seen any signs of the non-stick flaking off. Might have just been a bad batch of racks years ago. I have used the heck out of mine but not abused them.

John

FLBentRider

Quote from: BigJohnT on September 15, 2009, 04:33:59 AM
Quote from: Wildcat on September 14, 2009, 06:09:59 AM

You will more than likely find that in a short period of time the non-stick will come off.
I haven't seen any signs of the non-stick flaking off. Might have just been a bad batch of racks years ago. I have used the heck out of mine but not abused them.

Mine did. They are less than 2 years old. We are talking about racks and not screens.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

OU812

I must have got a bad batch of the jerky racks cause after about a dozen times of doing brisket and butt the non-stick started coming off.

Would be nice if the jerky racks were nickle plated like the standard racks are.