• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

New Grinder and First batch of Italian Sausage

Started by mikeradio, September 14, 2009, 10:51:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeradio

Hello

Just received my new 3/4 HP Cabelas Grinder, wow what a great machine.  For my first batch I used the HM Italian Kit, I was very impressed with the taste of the sausage.  I ground up some extra beef to make my own ground hamburger.  I used a 20lb chuck roast and a 12 lb top sirloin roast to make the hamburger.  The sausage I used 12 lbs ground pork and 3 lbs ground beef.

Here's the new grinder

Chuck and Sirloin

Beef all cut up

First Courase Grind

Second Fine Grind

Finished Product

NePaSmoKer

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

ArnieM

Wow MR, the sausage looks great and that's some machine (turbocharged?)  I have a Kitchen Aid stand mixer with grinding and sausage making attachments which is OK but it looks like you can go into business there.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

OU812

Nice job on every thing, me likes your shinny new toy, maybe when I grow up I will get a grown up grinder  :D

muzzletim

I love the grinder! I bet it did not take very many minutes to get the meat through it!
Tim

FLBentRider

The Specs say 540lb/hr.

Time to head to the store...

open up that bad boy and she what it'll "do"

;D ;D
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

mikeradio

It takes more time to push the meat down the neck, then to grind it  :) :)  I did 32 lbs in no time , excellent quality.  My first one arrived broken, it looked like it was dropped on  the back end.  You would turn it on and the house lights would dim the grinder just buzzed and would not turn over.  Called Cabelas Canada, they had UPS pick it up the next day, they wouldn't send out a new one until they received the broken one back, so I paid for another one and had it shipped out the sameday.  They credited me back when they received the broken one.  Great Service

Mike

classicrockgriller

mike, that is nice. another add to my want list

Mr Walleye

Mike

I have the Cabelas 1 hp model. They really do scarf the meat back!  ;D

I have found that rather then cubing the meat, I cut it into strips. when feeding the strips into the grinder you don't have to push the meat down the throat of the grinder. The auger just pulls the strips in. It's also quicker cutting the meat up to start with.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Tenpoint5

Looking good Mike.
Does that come with a #12 or 22 head on it? Had thoughts of maybe retiring Old Ugly. ( My converted #32 hand Grinder)
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

mikeradio

The 1/2hp has a #8 , 3/4hp has a #12 , 1hp has a#22 , 1 1/2hp has a #32 , 1 3/4hp  has a #42
You wont be disappointed with these grinders

Mike

mikeradio

Great tip Mr Walleye  I will definitely try that next time.

Mike

classicrockgriller

I have never been an envious person......until I came to this forum.
I have my next two birthday's and x-mas's decided and e-mailed to my love ones...

Caribou

Hi Mike!
It's great to see your new grinder in action!  What a great machine!
The sausage looks like it came out fantastic...great linking by the way  :)
Carolyn