Problems to find the right wood

Started by Don Bernardo, September 19, 2009, 05:13:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Bernardo

Hello everybody,
we're living in the South of Chile. We've got problems to find the right "Wood flour". therefore the question:
we're Europeans and don't know the endemic trees. May be, one of you know which one is the best and where we can buy it.
Thanks

Quarlow

Hello Don, I am not sure I under stand your question. Are you smoking with a Bradley smoker or some other type of smoker. I have never heard of " wood flour" but maybe when some of the folks up here wake up they will know what that is. But if you are wondering what types of wood we use around here.

Mesquite-very strong smoke flavour.
Hickory-strong flavour.
Oak-strng but not overpowering.
pecan-mild version of oak.
Maple-mild.
Cherry-mild and fruity.
Apple-mild,fruity with a slight sweetness.
Alder-light with a hint of sweetness.

I hope this is what you were looking for and it helps you out.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Hopefull Romantic

Hi Don and welcome to the forum,

I venture to think that you mean Wood Flavor and not flour. If that is the case, then Quarlow has put you on the right track, if you are using Bradley or any other type of smoker, the flavors described apply.

If you were using Bradley, then I would say that EBay would be your best bet as there are alot of sellers how would be willing to ship outside the States, or you could try contacting Bradley direct.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.