• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Seasoning smoked almonds

Started by Quarlow, September 20, 2009, 07:04:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quarlow

So I am going to smoke 4 lbs of almonds as soon as they air dry( he says as they are sitting on trays with the fan blowing on them cause he forgot they need to dry first DUH) and I want to try to season some of them this time. I am going to use "Club house barbecue seasoning and sweet chili & peppers seasoning.Any thoughts on how to get it to stick to the nuts. I was thinking of a light coat of EVOO. What do you smokers think.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

HawkeyeSmokes

HawkeyeSmokes

Quarlow

Thanks hawk I will work with that and see what I can do.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ

deb415611

Quarlow,

That recipe that HawkeyeSmokes linked you to is awesome.  I have also done that recipe using a slightly beaten egg white (until frothy) in place of the oil and the spices stuck. 

Deb

Caribou

Hi Quarlow,
I could see misting them with a little Pam to help the spices stick.

Carolyn

RossP

I found that if I pulverized the spices, ie. I put them in the electric coffee grinder and gave them ell. Made the spices into a nice fine powered then mixed the powered with a little EVO and mixed it into the Almonds. Turns out great, the wife loves them.
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

Quarlow

Alright, I will try afew of these ideas and see what happens. They all sound good to me. Thanks.

OBS
BBQ

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: RossP on September 21, 2009, 03:16:21 PM
I found that if I pulverized the spices, ie. I put them in the electric coffee grinder and gave them ell. Made the spices into a nice fine powered then mixed the powered with a little EVO and mixed it into the Almonds. Turns out great, the wife loves them.

I like this one. EVOO would give them a nice flavor.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

Quarlow

Thanks HR, I will definately try that.

OBS
BBQ