a Conversation with My wife about the Bradley

Started by classicrockgriller, September 20, 2009, 07:32:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

classicrockgriller

This was a actual conversation with my wife the other day while smoking a picnic on the Bradley:

W: What are you doing?
M: I'm preparing this picnic to go in the smoker.
W: Where's the picnic from?
M: H E B
W: No, I mean what part of the animal is it from?
M: The animal's a pig and it is the part below the front shoulder. Some people call the front shoulder a Boston Butt.
W: I thought the butt was on the rear of a pig.
M: A pig does have a butt and it is on the rear, but the Boston Butt is off the front shoulder.
W: Boy....Those people from Boston don't know anything do they.
M: No baby I guess they don't.....Geez

30 minutes later

W: What are doing now?
M: I'm putting this rub on the picnic.
W: What brand is it?
M: It's a recipe from the forum.
W: Whose's recipe is it?
M: I think it was posted by a guy named Habanero Smoker.
W: Why does he call himself that?
M: I guess he likes to smoke peppers. I'm not sure but I will ask him next time I see him make a
   post.
W: What kind of wood are you going to use?
M: A guy name FlBentRider is very good at smoking Bst Butts and he likes oak.
W: What's a bent rider.
M: I think it is a bicycle that you lean back on to ride.
W: Why don't ya'll use your real names?
M: I guess people like to use a name that references something important to them.
W: What's your name?
M: Classicrockgriller
W: Why didn't you call yourself Classicrocksmoker?
M: Because when I joined the forum I had never smoked before.
W: I've seen you put wood in one of those things outside.
M: Honey I've had the same 2lb bag of wood for 3 years.
W: Oh! Well I don't know what you do out there.

About two hours later

W: Why do you keep going back and forth from the smoker to the computer?
M: So I can see what's going on at the smoker and then I am posting what I am doing in case I                                  
    am doing something wrong somebody will read it and tell me the right way to do it.
W: It seems to me that you are going the long way. First learn, then do it.
M: Your probably right baby.......Geez
W: How come you smoke so much?
M: Cause you never cook and this way we have something to eat.
W: I cooked today.
M: Oh yea? What?
W: 3 pizzas with whole wheat crust.
M: That already made up crust?
W: Yes
M: Did you grate fresh cheese?
W: No I used shredded cheese from a pkg. And I put SMOKED pork shreds on one. SMOKED Boudain on one and SMOKED sausage on the other.
M: Well that sounds better than that bologna pizza you made last time. That why I smoke so you can have something to put on the pizzas you make.
W: Well they must be good, cause when our son ate some he said it was the best pizza I had ever made. So don't tell me I don't cook.
M: Your right baby...sorry......Geez

HawkeyeSmokes

HawkeyeSmokes

La Quinta

I will not comment...just to say, I read the whole thing....  :D.....fascinating!!!!  ;D

Hopefull Romantic

My wife is really a great cook and when I received my very first smoker we made a pact; we will never attempt to compete with each other on the food we cook. She gets to do all the local dishes and I attempt every thing else. Furthermore, when we invite people over, she would cook once and then the next time I would do it. It worked fine so far. At first, I tried to get her more into smoking but then I realized I would be loosing my edge so now I implement the pact to a T.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

deb415611

Quote from: La Quinta on September 20, 2009, 11:24:51 PM
I will not comment...just to say, I read the whole thing....  :D.....fascinating!!!!  ;D

I'm with LQ on this one  :D ;D

pensrock

See, I knew them people from Boston were messed up. LOL

mikecorn.1

Mike

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Caneyscud

CRG

(picking myself up off the ground from laughing so hard)  CRG, even though we just might be diametrically opposed when we choose music to listen to, I feel a kinship growing.  A fellow pontificator!  I'm just glad I like to cook.  A little AFTER we got married (30 years now), my wife decided to inform me that she did not go to school to learn to cook and that she wasn't going to do any!  Now after 30 years I guess her two masters did not teach her how either.  But how she figures my Construction Administration/Engineering degree did is beyond me.  Female logic (or is that an oxymoron?)  Unfortunately, her schooling also did not teach her many other things she doesn't do either!  Sssssiiiiiggggghhhhh!

"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Tenpoint5

I have had almost the same conversations with my wife once or twice
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

classicrockgriller

When the remote therm told me it was time to pull the meat I passed thru the kitchen and got my instant probe.She follow me out side and ask what i was doin again.I said taking a second reading to make sure it was accurate. she told me "you always have to have two of everything. look around, 2 of this, 2 of that."
I said I don't have two wives,she said I would if the law would let me. I told her I wasn't that dumb.

pensrock

ArnieM

;D ;D ;D  I agree with 10.5.  Those conversations sound awfully familiar.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: classicrockgriller on September 21, 2009, 07:07:19 AM
I said I don't have two wives,she said I would if the law would let me. I told her I wasn't that dumb.

And yet you survived to tell that story. How many Frying Pan knots did you receive on your melon for that comment?
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!